WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Hi all!

Trail Name: TBD

Direction: NOBO
    Estimated Start Date: Mid Feb

Approach Trail: Yes

Really stoked! Good luck everyone!

Good luck to everyone planning on a 2012 thru hike. It will be here in no time! I plan to head back out in 2013 after my girlfriend and I graduate. I started March 12th this year and did 815 miles to the Dutch Haus. I miss it every day and can't wait to give it another shot in 2013. Do the approach trail; it's a great start!

-Blue
    Blue
    Attempted Thru Hike 2011 - Springer to The Dutch Haus
    2014 THRU HIKE

Trail Name: Wild~Rain
    Direction: SOBO
    Start Date: Mid June, 2012
    Approach Trail: Potentially
    Hiked from GA to PA this year and had to get off the trail; going for another shot next year, but heading south. Bring the hurt! Im ready this time!

My hiking partner and I finally nailed down our start date (I think). Exile and Gamer, NOBO on April 10.

Trail Name: TBD
    Start Date: Around March 15th
    Miscellaneous: Raising money for Flagstaff Shelter (homeless shelter in Flagstaff, AZ). Figured since I was gonna hike anyway, may as well help others while I'm at it.

Images

aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! i can't wait!!!
    Check out my website: www.serialhiking.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Serial 07 View Post
    aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! i can't wait!!!
    I hear ya! ... Its torture waiting for march .... my kids are back in school and now i got more time to think about it than i had when i was kept busy for the summer .... DOH! ... least this is the time of year to buy new gear ... i love clearance days!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...06485526057330

Facebook Group - Appalachian trail hiker's

Journal Entries

Trailname: Traildog & Tbone
    Direction: Nobo
    E.t.a: 4/1/12
    Approach trail: Yes
    Misc: Hiking with my dog, wonder if he minds digging "cat" holes?

Trail name: To be determined....
    Start Date: April Fools!
    Approach Trail: Yep.
    Anything else: EVERYTHING!!!!

Any Virginians thru-hiking in 2012, please reply!

Traildog: I've considered hiking with my dog as well...do you have any suggestions/plans for Baxter? (they don't allow dogs...too bad....)

Trail Name: Don't have one yet
    Direction: NoBo
    Estimated Start Date: March 12th
    Approach Trail: Why not

CF97 > Everything Else.

Cool

Trail Name :: I have a couple ideas, might go with what The Trail has to offer...
    Direction :: NoBo!
    Estimated Start Date :: February 29, 2012, 'cause you can only start your thru-hike on a leap year every four years!
    Approach Trail :: Currently, no.

Other stuffs!

I'm an avid supporter of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, been a season ticket holder for the last five seasons. I want to be the first person to hike the AT with a Fire scarf. For last nine summers I have worked at Residential Summer Camps, this will be my first "free" summer since the 2002. This hike is a graduation present to myself, for graduating college.

I look forward to meeting my fellow Illinoisans on Trail!
    "... I know it is wrong, but I am for the spirit that makes young men do the things they do. I am for the glory that they know." --Sigurd Olson, Singing Wilderness.

AT '12, LT '13, CT '14, PCT '15

sadly I am pulling out of my SOBO start on October 1st of this year. Family situations will require my attention and I must put them first. Maybe another time to live my dream or maybe not. Good luck to all who step out on the AT.

Peace

Greetings!

Trail Name: To be determined...

Estimated Start Date: March 11, 2012
    Approach Trail: Yes

I (as trail name Thirsty) hiked from Harpers Ferry to Bear Mountain this summer and absolutely fell in love with the AT. I can't wait to hike the whole thing next year! I'll be hiking in support of Water Missions International, an organization dedicated to providing access to clean water to people in developing nations. I'm hoping to finish my thru-hike by the end of July so that I can get ready for grad school in the fall. A bit about me: I live in Kentucky but am heading to the liberal northeast for grad school, majored in environmental studies, love to run, love animals, enjoy theatre, and thrive on good conversation. I look forward to meeting you all!

Wild~Rain! I met you with Cayenne in Maryland this year. I was with Chapstick at the time...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you on the trail again this year. Grandpa will be yo-yoing, so I'll be getting to see him as well!

Best of luck!
    Thirsty

How about St Louis? Chicago......Cubz Suck!! I will be 4 days behind you

Quote Originally Posted by fireneck View Post
    Trail Name :: I have a couple ideas, might go with what The Trail has to offer...
    Estimated Start Date :: February 29, 2012, 'cause you can only start your thru-hike on a leap year every four years!

Other stuffs!

I'm an avid supporter of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, been a season ticket holder for the last five seasons. I want to be the first person to hike the AT with a Fire scarf. For last nine summers I have worked at Residential Summer Camps, this will be my first "free" summer since the 2002. This hike is a graduation present to myself, for graduating college.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by fireneck View Post

Other stuffs!

Hey, Fireneck!

Good to see someone else checking the calendar! Looks like it's going to be a small crowd that day unless anyone else starting then is only lurking! We just have to complete the hike before the world ends.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

I am back in the game!! Hopefully still a February 29th start too

Trail Name: Durk Direction: nobo Est Start Date: Apr 6 Approach trail: probable Yes Any additional info that you want the world to know: I'm an old disabled Air Force vet so will be packing light and hiking at my own pace. CU all on the trail.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

I am going to commit to this until it finally happens because it is the thing I want most to enjoy in my life. There is a serenity and joy out there that can only be described but not experienced unless actually living it. Last year was a disaster because I gave my back to a secretly hateful person. The year before it was continuing to meet the demands for obtaining a reverse mortgage. Before that it was the meniscus surgery. And on and on and on. If I don't get this done in 2012, I'll be staggering up the trail in my 80s. Nah, I'm going to make it this time, and I am giving myself 365 days from the start, which may disturb some but pleases me. So . . .

Trailname: Kinnickinic
    Direction: N and S with Leapfrogs and FlipFlops (even though I have never been an acrobat)
    Preferred Start Date: Early March (depending on what kind of winter we have)
    Approach Trail: Probably Not

Extra Info: I will be visiting a friend in San Antonio for a lot of the winter. Is there anyone else in San Antonio who is planning to hike the AT next year?
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++