WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Photon Micro-Light II Video Review

I used some of my REI dividend to pick this little light up to attach to my ditty bag string. Gotta give credit to Jason Klass for this since it was the first time I noticed someone doing this when I watched his Sundries Kit video. But anyway, it seems like a nice little light, light and bright!

As usual, here is a first look type review and a video of the cool little keychain light...

Photon Micro-Light II
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Velcro dots.
    Hat, pack, inside tent or hammock. Hang an extra one on your pack strap with a whistle.
    It's my light.

Images

yea, I always carry one for use in my tent. Its bright enough to light up the entire tent.

The cheapest place I have seen replacement batteries in WWW.AMAZON.COM

Also, to change the battery you will need one of those little screwdrivers. Not something everyone will have in the field.

Panzer

The pointy end of my nail file on the tiny swiss army knife works great for removing those tiny screws. But doing so in the field is risky...those screws are TINY and dissapear quickly if dropped.

aka Kudzu
    Images

Don't wash them. I had it clipped to my pants after a hike and forgot. After the wash it wouldn't turn off. The button wouldn't do anything. I need to get another. Great little light.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Great review Stick.

I love these little lights - I get them from here in a ten pack for under five bucks, put them on all my keychains & give them away to friends:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/black-f...d-10-pack-1253

I've only had one with a bad battery out of 20; I put in a 2032 I had & it worked ok, but not as bright. Two 2016s are twice the voltage, but the 2032 should last twice as long. I just weighed one - with just the little ring attached it showed .2 oz on my scale.

BJStuart, great link! I'm going to order some, thanks a lot for the tip.

Also, Dollar Tree stores have similiar (maybe identical, same maker?) lights, I think 2 for a buck. great for clipping to a pack or bag for a quick look inside.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BJStuart View Post
    I love these little lights - I get them from here in a ten pack for under five bucks, put them on all my keychains & give them away to friends:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/black-f...d-10-pack-1253

I've only had one with a bad battery out of 20; I put in a 2032 I had & it worked ok, but not as bright. Two 2016s are twice the voltage, but the 2032 should last twice as long. I just weighed one - with just the little ring attached it showed .2 oz on my scale.
    wow, you get 10 for $4.47
    That's a great price.
    Panzer

I use a Princeton Tec Pilot light for my backup and night-time tent use. Similar to the Photon, but it comes with a nice clip that can easily attach to a head strap. I have been happy with it as well. Got a couple white ones and a couple red ones as well that I haven't tried out yet. Solid Princeton Tec construction, as usual.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev...ntec_pilot.htm

++ New Posts ++