WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Default Don't make me get my belt.

Some convertible pants have a built in belt thingie. Some don't but still have belt loops. Stop arguing about such inane topics like LNT and how fast a lady hikes. Inquiring minds want to know. Do you wear a belt when you hike?
    The future does not belong to the faint-hearted.
    It belongs to the brave.
    - Ronald Reagan, January 28, 1986.

Not while hiking, sometimes in town if I tuck in a shirt. Like to carry the "belt" as an extra quick click web strap, in case I need to add something to the pack. I'm a 32 inch waste so sometimes I replace it with one that fit's my needs if longer is needed.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Hardly ever leave home without my belt, I use one of the "last resort belts" that can be used for rappelling if necessary, used as a tourniquet, a sling or about a hundred other things.....

Like this: http://www.spectergear.com/lrb.htm

Yep I gotta wear one to keep my pants up or I'll leave a big trace and the ladies will hike faster( or slower if behind my behind)

Yes, I wear a belt. On a long distance hike, anyway. I lose a lot of weight and something has to keep my pants up.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Images

I'm a fatty, so I need the belt to keep my pants up as I rapidly lose weight on the trail.

The manufacturer of the pack I use, made by LuxuryLite, recommends not wearing a belt under the pack's hip belt, so I don't. I make sure to wear shirts that are plenty long and I tuck them in, because I'm not an exhibitionist.

Like cavediver256, I use a "last resort belt". Tough as nails with a bazillion uses. Good luck...
    "I'm your Huckleberry..."

Quote Originally Posted by tat44too View Post
    Like cavediver256, I use a "last resort belt". Tough as nails with a bazillion uses. Good luck...
    I bought some paracord and made myself a paracord belt. The last few inches can easily be rewoven to change the length.
    It is the MOST comfortable belt I have ever worn. And if the desperate need ever arises, I have around 75 feet of 550 paracord on me.

(at that point I can just run one strand around my waist if I really do need a belt for belt purposes)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JackRyan View Post
    I bought some paracord and made myself a paracord belt. The last few inches can easily be rewoven to change the length.
    It is the MOST comfortable belt I have ever worn. And if the desperate need ever arises, I have around 75 feet of 550 paracord on me.

(at that point I can just run one strand around my waist if I really do need a belt for belt purposes)
    LOL 75 Feet??? I forget now - do you multiply by 6 or divide by 6? Either way, that's a biiiig waist......
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

sober these days. gonna go beltless a while. drinkin and walkin with god just kinda make me feel weird. skinneyer too. need a belt more now. but,.....god and all. you know. feel me? i love you guys way too much.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by cavediver256 View Post
    Hardly ever leave home without my belt, I use one of the "last resort belts" that can be used for rappelling if necessary, used as a tourniquet, a sling or about a hundred other things.....

Seems like the buckle would get in the way of the hip belt.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yes, I wear a belt. On a long distance hike, anyway. I lose a lot of weight and something has to keep my pants up.
    You can run a piece of 550 cord between two belt loops and tie them together.

Ditto....

Images

drawstring, much more comfortable under a pack that a belt.
    don't like logging? try wiping with a pine cone.

Images

Yes my pack always seems to push my pants down. I wear http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___05550

I wear the belt that is part of my convertible pants. My pants DO have loops but I'm not sure if the belt thats in there is removable or not? never tried to remove it, never had to. So yes, I do wear a belt.
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

No belts. I typically only wear running shorts.
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

Hardly ever leave home without my belt, I use one of the "last resort belts" that can be used for rappelling if necessary...
    Be sure to carry plenty of rope and pitons, too. You never know when you might need get off a cliff in a hurry!!!

It would be way more efficient to just carry a collapsible hang-glider. You guys are so dumb.
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++