WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Long Trail stewards welcome new executive director - vtdigger.org

Long Trail stewards welcome new executive director
    vtdigger.org
    In addition to the 445-mile Long Trail System, the club also maintains much of the Appalachian Trail and other hiking trail systems in Vermont in partnership with organizations including the US Forest Service, Vermont Department of Forest, ...
    Green Mountain Club names new executive directorvt.Buzz (blog)

all 19 news articles »

More...

Default GMC new director

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlaze View Post

Long Trail stewards welcome new executive director
    vtdigger.org
    In addition to the 445-mile Long Trail System, the club also maintains much of the Appalachian Trail and other hiking trail systems in Vermont in partnership with organizations including the US Forest Service, Vermont Department of Forest, ...
    Green Mountain Club names new executive directorvt.Buzz (blog)

all 19 news articles »

More...
    I thought I might pass the following letter along FYI ~Robert"Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle, A. T. Museum,Memebership Secretary :

Dear Friends,
    I know it's not time for the monthly e-Blaze, but I couldn't wait to introduce myself.
    On Saturday I had the great honor of being selected by the Green Mountain Club’s board of directors to become the club’s next executive director. Later that day, I had the fortuitous opportunity to meet many of our club’s volunteers and staff during the Section Leaders Forum on group hikes as we get ready for hiking season (check out future forums here). The next day I took a late-season snowshoe for some pre-season trail work with staff and volunteers. By the time I started my first official day on Monday, I had a good sense of the enthusiastic volunteers, generous members, and dedicated staff that forms the Green Mountain Club community.
    Until very recently I was press secretary for U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in Washington, D.C. Working for Sen. Sanders, one of my tasks was managing the senator’s highly-active social media presence. I'm excited to participate in the Green Mountain Club's online community and share the skills I've gathered through my experiences in the Sanders' offices. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll join the club on Facebook and Twitter with your own stories and pictures!
    I am very happy to return to Vermont, the state my family has lived in for generations. Looking out my office window at Bolton Mountain is so much better than looking out at the U.S. Capitol – not to mention the Capitol police tended to frown on hiking the Capitol dome.
    Let me also take this opportunity to thank our previous executive director, Ben Rose, both for his great service to the club, the state, and the mountains, and for helping ease my own transition into this post. Thank you, Ben.
    I am honored to be part of the Green Mountain Club community and help lead this organization into another century of mud, sweat, rocks, black flies, and trail magic! If you’re driving along the Waterbury-Stowe Road, please stop in to say hello.
    See you on the trail,
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    I thought I might pass the following letter along FYI ~Robert"Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle, A. T. Museum,Memebership Secretary :

Dear Friends,
    I know it's not time for the monthly e-Blaze, but I couldn't wait to introduce myself.
    On Saturday I had the great honor of being selected by the Green Mountain Club’s board of directors to become the club’s next executive director. Later that day, I had the fortuitous opportunity to meet many of our club’s volunteers and staff during the Section Leaders Forum on group hikes as we get ready for hiking season (check out future forums here). The next day I took a late-season snowshoe for some pre-season trail work with staff and volunteers. By the time I started my first official day on Monday, I had a good sense of the enthusiastic volunteers, generous members, and dedicated staff that forms the Green Mountain Club community.
    Until very recently I was press secretary for U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in Washington, D.C. Working for Sen. Sanders, one of my tasks was managing the senator’s highly-active social media presence. I'm excited to participate in the Green Mountain Club's online community and share the skills I've gathered through my experiences in the Sanders' offices. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll join the club on Facebook and Twitter with your own stories and pictures!
    I am very happy to return to Vermont, the state my family has lived in for generations. Looking out my office window at Bolton Mountain is so much better than looking out at the U.S. Capitol – not to mention the Capitol police tended to frown on hiking the Capitol dome.
    Let me also take this opportunity to thank our previous executive director, Ben Rose, both for his great service to the club, the state, and the mountains, and for helping ease my own transition into this post. Thank you, Ben.
    I am honored to be part of the Green Mountain Club community and help lead this organization into another century of mud, sweat, rocks, black flies, and trail magic! If you’re driving along the Waterbury-Stowe Road, please stop in to say hello.
    See you on the trail,
    Will

His full name is Will Wiquist .
    Robert"RW"

++ New Posts ++