WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default AT on Criminal Minds

One of my favorite shows featuring a killer on my favorite trail. Not a good combo though.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Hmm, haven't watched TV in years. I'll catch a movie on occasion though.

I believe this was already on tv, so maybe its a re-run?
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Baron
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by double d View Post
    I believe this was already on tv, so maybe its a re-run?
    Yeah. I think over a year ago.
    ‎"You know your camping trip really isn't going well when you find yourself hoping to stave off sepsis with a six-pack of Icehouse. "

"Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin."

yep. it's a rerun but a first for me. too bad the AT is portrayed as a place where so many children get abducted. lots of people watch shows like this and assume it is fact based.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Pilgrim of Serendipity

This first aired a few months ago and we had a thread about it then. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66657

Anyone familiar with the show knows that it regularly shows terrible things happening to people doing everyday activities (including locked inside their own homes), so if you take that too seriously you'd never feel safe anywhere!
    Deuteronomy 23:12-13 "Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with… dig a hole and cover up your excrement."

"lots of people watch shows like this and assume it is fact based."
    Yeah, it was obvious that it was filmed in Ca. The Science of profiling that they use on the show is accurate though. One of the FBIs top profilers from the real BAU has been an adviser for that show for several years. When that episode originally aired I emailed him to point out the discrepancies about the AT.

Arrow

The now cancelled show "Crossing Jordan" did a couple of shows outdoor-related. One was set on the AT, and the other had them investigating a plane crash in the White Mountain range.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    One of my favorite shows featuring a killer on my favorite trail. Not a good combo though.
    Yea,

The scare part is it has happen were a repeated killer was hiking on the AT for about a week.

Wolf

++ New Posts ++