WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

oh it comes out way to thin to feel. like paper thick. you can put them on the tent or the pad. some pads have them on top and bottom to keep them from slipping (like POE)
    "you cant grow old if you never grow up" ~TUswm

Images

for just a few ounces, I treat my floors with this.
    NOBO section hiker, 1066.4 miles... & counting!!

Oh my. Seems like a lot of work. Did you do both sides of your floor? How long do you have to let it dry?

Images

1`side
    over night
    have you had your tent out yet?
    "you cant grow old if you never grow up" ~TUswm

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs4U View Post
    It seems that making dots or rows could make pressure points. Even apply something rubberlike to the pad.
    Chubbs4U,

Did ya find the spider mat. It is in the 1-2 dollar range and needs no mixing or applying.

Happy trails.
    Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. Gen 13:17

Images

For me, I like a piece of Tyvek... when new I fold it VERY precisely to fit the tent stuf sack perfectly. The Tyvek always gets re-folded the same way for each use and the ground side always (I put the lettering to the ground) gets folded against itself to keep dirt together. When packing the tent, the folded Tyvek goes in the stuff sack first, then the tent it stuffed (not folded or rolled as many do) alongside the Tyvek in the sack.

Simple.

I see no benefit not having along a footprint for the small weight... if the weather is nice I don't like being cooped up in a tent and love sleeping under the stars... a footprint then becomes a ground sheet.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs4U View Post
    Oh my. Seems like a lot of work. Did you do both sides of your floor? How long do you have to let it dry?
    It's really no big deal,,, definitely not a lot of work. I do the bottom side completely, and then just a few small stripes on the inside, to keep my pad from slipping. Dry time was about an hour, but I didn't pack it up in it's stuff sack for 1/2 a day. I love having the extra protection at a small weight penalty w/o having to worry about dealing w/ an extra groundcloth/footprint.
    NOBO section hiker, 1066.4 miles... & counting!!

Big Dawg- It sounds easy but I live in an apt and I have cats and hardwood floors. So setting it up somewhere is tough cause of nails and then if I do get it set up (highly unlikely cause of possible damage) I have to leave it closed of for up to 48 hrs Im hearing. Very tough for me to do as of now. What I am going to try is the dish thing and I also have a Gossmer pad that may make everything better. This was one of the main reasons I had them seam seal it for me.

Not necessarily applicable to you but to do the floor you do not need to pitch the tent, just turn it inside out so the floor is flat on top. Paint it and shove it under the bed for a couple of days.
    Franco

I have found a great groundsheet for my Rainbow. Its much smaller than the one TT sends you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003J565UW

Its the same price as Henry's. If you allready have one just cut it to the sizeyou want

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

I actually have a few of these things you posted Mags. I liked the one I posted from Amazon cause it has loops at the 4 corners that you can attach to your tent.

http://gossamergear.com/etc/accessor...am-sealer.html

I recently got a bottle of this. I need to put some
    "dots" on the floor of my tent so I dont slip and slide. Will this stuff work? How big of a dot do I need? I assume I should spread it out? Anything that could help would be greatly appreciated. Going camping for a few days and think I can set up 2 tents and "dot" my TT and sleep in my other. I thank you for your help.

Even though we don't need anything under the Lunar Duo, we bring the Tyvek sheet. It comes in handy for nights without setting up the tent and for having something to sit on and it keeps the bottom of the tent clean. It has writing on it so that if you fold it just right, it reads "Hiker to Town" or "Hiker to Trail". If yours is too bulky, you can soften it up in the washer (no soap, no dryer) and that'll make it more flexible.

We put seam sealer in stripes on the floor inside to minimize slipping but in my opinion, it doesn't do much. My BF also put dots of seam sealer on his Neo Air.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++