WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kent, CT.

Registered User Fat Man Walking's Avatar
    Images

Default Kent, CT.

Is there such a thing as a reasonably priced (defined as less than $100 per night) priced hotel/motel in Kent CT?

Inquiring hikers want to know......
    "Like the confluence of two streams, dreams & reality are joined, flowing as one. I know how lucky I am." - Cody GA-ME 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Man Walking View Post
    Is there such a thing as a reasonably priced (defined as less than $100 per night) priced hotel/motel in Kent CT?

no. there's not

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Go to Salisbury - inexpensive places to stay there, great coffee shop and a nice little grocery $tore....

I say we close their damn post office.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Don't be silly!
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    I say we close their damn post office.

Back in the day thru's used to be allowed to camp behind the post office in Kent. Post office was friendly. Don't know what happened but I bet thru's screwed that up too.

Images

Wasn't being silly. Putting the finishing touches on my section hike starting on 23-June at the DWG. Would like a hot shower and resupply there and not have to pay $200 to do it. Maybe I am asking too much.....

How silly.
    "Like the confluence of two streams, dreams & reality are joined, flowing as one. I know how lucky I am." - Cody GA-ME 2010

Wasn't being silly. Putting the finishing touches on my section hike starting on 23-June at the DWG. Would like a hot shower and resupply there and not have to pay $200 to do it. Maybe I am asking too much.....

How silly.
    Is there a reason why you can't hike Kent-DWG? That would solve your $200 problem.

Coffee just shot out of my nose!!!!!

Yes, Fife & Drum, hiker friendly.

Thursten Howell the Third lives there, I believe .
    Just kidding, of course. There are plenty of nice folks. They'll be driving the Hyundai sedans and old pickups. .
    Lots of good camping nearby where you can heat up a big pot of water and take an outdoor shower.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

reasonably pricedcthose 2 words with Connecticut don't go together in the same sentence trust me I live here LOL
    "Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."

By Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by dirk View Post
    Yes, Fife & Drum, hiker friendly.
    no, it's not less than $100

Images

Oh, I don't know, $200 a night would be "reasonable" to Thurston Howell the Turd. But, I doubt that TH3 would be hiking the AT on a hiker budget.

I never cease to be amazed at how you can ask a question on WB and get anything but a straight forward answer without some condescending commentary. It is one of the reasons why I don't come here often.

Say what you will about Lone Wolf, you always get a straight forward answer. You may not like it, but it is what you get.

Thanks for all of your help (?).........

Check the thru-hikers handbook (if you have it, I'm looking at the 2010 handbook), it does list the Fife'n Drum inn rooms at $95 and up. Here is their number: (860) 927-3509.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I never cease to be amazed at how you can ask a question on WB and get anything but a straight forward answer without some condescending commentary. It is one of the reasons why I don't come here often.

Try asking if you should quit your job to go hiking. That's a real mind-bender.

Not Kent but pretty close. They will shuttle. As of last year $1.50 a mile round trip. You can contact me, I just get gas money. That is if I am available. Will be in VA end of June to Middle of July hiking.

http://www.cthitchingpostmotel.com/Contact.asp

Images

Oh, I don't know, $200 a night would be "reasonable" to Thurston Howell the Turd. But, I doubt that TH3 would be hiking the AT on a hiker budget.

Say what you will about Lone Wolf, you always get a straight forward answer. You may not like it, but it is what you get.

Hey, everyone's just trying to be light hearted about how expensive conn. is. This is actually one of the most useful and straight forward threads (inc. responses) I've read in a long time.

Though yes. Trying to get a straight answer out of WBERS and have absolutely no deviation from the topic is like trying to squeeze ice cold carbonated soda out of a rock. My post here is a good example of that, I suppose.
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Images

PS about the Hitching Post: on their site it says "Specail rates for hunters, hikers, bikers, skiers and fisherman. "
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++