WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Unhappy It must have been when I peed in the bushes this weekend...

Because that tick on my asscheek-thigh junction was mistaken for an irritation bump. I was brushing off what I thought would be a scab.

Looked at the 'scab' to find it was a brown tiny deer tick squirming between my fingertips.

Warning to all that squat near the ground this year: they strike at your most vulnerable time this year it seems!

Isolated him for analysis... m***** f*****
    Man is only half himself,
    The other half is a bright thing.
    He tumbles on by luck or grace,
    For man is ever a blind thing.

mmmm..grolls ass cheak thiegh junction.

do telll more.lol.

if i was a tick thats where id go to!

you can send the tic to get free analysis i belive at our state university penn agr school. girl survives cancer and this tic guy wants his shot at makeing her roll. soory ticky. shes fought off loads of feircer things than your scrawny creepy lyme infected ars.
    matthewski

Confucius say: man who squat in brush get ticked off.

Images

Carnac say: Better to be ticked off than ticked on.
    The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..." Isaac Asimov

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Default New Show

Now it's Time for our new show.......... get ready for it.....Tick-Talk
    Yes that wonderful show for and about ticks and the interesting places they show up. Tune in next time when Tommy says ... ...

Sorry but sometimes my PUN gene kicks in and I am unable to prevent the above post.

Ask sbhikes to show you her home made pisser. you won't need to squat to pee anymore Glad you got that filthy little bugger!
    Those that danced were thought mad by those who could not hear the music. George Carlin

Sweet G’roll, let me play older sister for a sec: find the right person to administer wound care

Images

Deer ticks are so small you can barely see them, and they're red.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Is this how the "I caught it from a toilet seat" excuse got started?

FB
    "All persons are born free and have certain inalienable rights. They include the right to a clean and healthful environment..."

Article II, Section 3
    The Constitution of the State of Montana

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skooch View Post
    Ask sbhikes to show you her home made pisser. you won't need to squat to pee anymore Glad you got that filthy little bugger!
    Sbhikes is tough... I think one time she said she used pine cones for toilet paper.

That's hard core now.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

From e-medicine health website -

"In order to investigate whether specific human behavior increases the risk of tick exposure, researchers from the University of California at Berkeley took to the woods. They found that sitting on a log carried with it the greatest risk of picking up a tick. If you sit on a log (at least in Northern California) for only five minutes, you have a 30% chance of getting a tick on you! Gathering wood was also cited as a risky activity as well as leaning up against a tree."

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

id like whoevers responsible for deciding time makes the sound tic tock to reconcider. time makes the same sound as the fabulus mach 5 driven by speed racer with trixi and with sparky and chimchim in the trunk. only sometimes with the sound of car number 9 , racer x, speeds older brother, unbeknowgst to him as well. now the car acrobatic team may sound like tikking, hench the tik in acrobatik.
    matthewski

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    id like whoevers responsible for deciding time makes the sound tic tock to reconcider. time makes the same sound as the fabulus mach 5 driven by speed racer with trixi and with sparky and chimchim in the trunk. only sometimes with the sound of car number 9 , racer x, speeds older brother, unbeknowgst to him as well. now the car acrobatic team may sound like tikking, hench the tik in acrobatik.
    Do you have a mammoth car?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    From e-medicine health website -

"In order to investigate whether specific human behavior increases the risk of tick exposure, researchers from the University of California at Berkeley took to the woods. They found that sitting on a log carried with it the greatest risk of picking up a tick. If you sit on a log (at least in Northern California) for only five minutes, you have a 30% chance of getting a tick on you! Gathering wood was also cited as a risky activity as well as leaning up against a tree."
    I remember reading this a few years back, but then also saw a web documentary showing what seemed like a million tiny ticks hanging from branches with their claws waving in the air awaiting a critter to pass. That was a little hairy to watch.

I do recall sitting on a log in NJ near BML road and seeing about a half a dozen dog ticks crawling on the log. It was a little freaky. that day we were only dayhiking but I think we pulled 6-8 ticks off my wife son and myself, including one crawling up my leg as I was driving home.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Images

I think I'm doomed to have Lyme disease. Today I found a tick on my change from an in town pizza shop. Another half hour and it would have traveled from my pocket to places I'd rather not contemplate.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Snowleopard View Post
    I think I'm doomed to have Lyme disease. Today I found a tick on my change from an in town pizza shop. Another half hour and it would have traveled from my pocket to places I'd rather not contemplate.

Ewwww... Yes, let us not contemplate.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    Deer ticks are so small you can barely see them, and they're red.
    Looked up photos and depending on the sex and stage of the tick, it can be brown in parts! I looked at that sucker closely (had to put it under glass) and it has a reddish head and a browner body.

++ New Posts ++