WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default List of "most famous hikers of the AT" from CNN

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wil...rs/bill-bryson

I found this on CNN (though I think it is just a link to the mother nature site) and thought you all might enjoy it. I particularrlz enjoed the bit of Gov. Sanford...
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Images

Sorry, meant particularly. I am using a croatian keyboard...
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )

Great Article, the inclusion of Sanford is sorta silly, and there was no #12 of 12 photo I could find. Still, very enjoyable - thanks for posting it!!

Images

very cool. thanks

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    I enjoyed it, learned a few things.
    As did I. Thanks for posting ShLep.

How is Croatia? Where are you, and what are you up to?
    The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..." Isaac Asimov

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Images

Hey Shlep! Have fun in Croatia, it's an amazing and beautiful place. Check out the Plitvice Lakes if you get a chance, it's a natural wonder of the world. OK, maybe not officially, but I think it should be.

Images

Croatia is beautiful- I just enjoyed a late lunch of some ambiguous (yet amazing) Croatian smoky cheese and bread and fruit that I bought at a street market to follow up some of the DELICIOUS Croatian espresso I had... I love this country! And Pltivice is definitely on my list. I will be coming back to Zagreb for three more days before I leave, and think I will spend one of the days exploring the lakes there.

Buffalo- I am in Zagreb, and tomorrow morning I head down to Dubrovnik for a wonderful FULL five days, then over to Split, and back here to Zagreb. After that, I head home through Paris. (Since I had a 13 hour layover on the way here, I ended up going into the city, but will not have time on the way home, sadly. The placement of the y and z keys on this board is frustrating me...

Ha! This turned into a trip report, sorry!

And Krabs- It might be official, actually. There was an article on the ten most beautiful places in the world on CNN right before I left, and Plitvice was on the list!

Images

And I kind of enjoyed the addition of Sanford- especially because I know some people who ACTUALLY THOUGHT he hiked the trail. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl in FL View Post
    Great Article, the inclusion of Sanford is sorta silly, and there was no #12 of 12 photo I could find. Still, very enjoyable - thanks for posting it!!
    I agree, and actually they did leave Sanford out. The story is titled 10 famous Appalachian Trail Hikers.
    There are 12 pictures, one is of the trail and one is of Sanford.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Great link Shlep....stay in touch.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Images

Glad to hear you are having fun and are "out there!" We want to hear more when you are back and working on a good ole American style keyboard.
    The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..." Isaac Asimov

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post
    Croatia is beautiful- I just enjoyed a late lunch of some ambiguous (yet amazing) Croatian smoky cheese and bread and fruit that I bought at a street market to follow up some of the DELICIOUS Croatian espresso I had... I love this country! And Pltivice is definitely on my list. I will be coming back to Zagreb for three more days before I leave, and think I will spend one of the days exploring the lakes there.

Buffalo- I am in Zagreb, and tomorrow morning I head down to Dubrovnik for a wonderful FULL five days, then over to Split, and back here to Zagreb. After that, I head home through Paris. (Since I had a 13 hour layover on the way here, I ended up going into the city, but will not have time on the way home, sadly. The placement of the y and z keys on this board is frustrating me...

And Krabs- It might be official, actually. There was an article on the ten most beautiful places in the world on CNN right before I left, and Plitvice was on the list!

What a great itinerary, I went many of the same places on my trips there. Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik, also Krk and Hvar. I saw a bit of Bosnia and Herzegovina as well.

What a great trip, I'm so jealous. Old Dubrovnik, Diocletian's palace, Plitvice, the dalmation coast and the amazing adriatic, so many cool things to see....

Lucky duck.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post

My daughter lives ini Bratislava, Slovakia and has been to both the mountains and the coasts of Croatia.

russa frussa frussa russa johnney and shlep world exsplorers russa frussa 16th and snyder frussa no trees frussa philly argg!
    matthewski

++ New Posts ++