WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Poll Results: Attending Billville Feed and Fun

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Attending as helper all weekend

8 44.44%
  • Attending as helper Saturday only

1 5.56%
  • Attending for the food and fun

1 5.56%
  • Not attending

8 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thanks to Pat at the Doyle who is donating a soup for the Saturday Evening Soup Bar. So now that meal looks like this:
    would like 4 homemade soups Peanut Butter Soup by Trailangelmary, Chicken Corn Soup by Little One, Ham & Bean Soup by Pat of the Doyle Hotel. - need one more soup donated.

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    menu wish list - donation confirmations in orange
    thursday evening - surprise awesome meal for helpers
    friday morning - coffee, amish friendship bread donation by trailangelmary
    friday afternoon as hikers arrive - hot dog/hot sausage/chorizo etc. Bar with french fries Have the hot dog donation confirmed by Bag O' Tricks and the rolls for the hot dogs. Still need hot sausage and rolls and some toppings
    friday evening - meatball pasta with salad from Sorrentos
    late night snack -fresh popcorn by Matthewski
    saturday morning - big a$$ billville breakfast with bacon explosion - have half the sausage needed, need a case of bacon, scrapple, scrambled eggs by a townie,pancakes - mix from Mutzies, home fries, coffee, orange juice,
    saturday afternoon - pig roast with all the fixin's including cole slaw by little one , baked beans have some in stock from can do will do, baked corn - have some corn in stock will get the rest from Mutzies, green bean casserole,deviled and pickled (by Mary) eggs from a townie, potato-vegetable salad,pasta salad, vegetarian hot dogs and burgers by Shermansdale Church, desserts by Jester's Mom, Pat
    saturday evening - soup bar - would like 4 homemade soups Peanut Butter Soup by Trailangelmary
    late night snack -leftovers and fresh popcorn by Matthewski
    sunday morning - sausage will get from Mutzies gravy - need the milk to make the gravy by trailangelmary and biscuits, amish friendship bread by trailangelmary and lots of fruit - have bananas confirmed from Bag O' Tricks, coffee
    all weekend - cold beverages - some dry mix confirmed from Bag O' Tricks, saturday - shermansdale church slushy

Some miscellaneous ingredients that will be needed are oil for the deep fryer, lots of butter, flour, maybe some more charcoal, chili sauce, sauerkraut, pickle spears, parmesan cheese, milk, mushroom soup for the green bean casserole, potatoes, and everything I am forgetting!!!!

Still have to inventory the paper and cleaning supplies. will post that later.
    Little One is donating all the remaining ingredients needed for the baked beans. Add to miscellaneous list French fried onions to top the green bean casserole.

Countdown to the Billville Feed and Fun - 21 days.

Summary of remaining ingredients needed for meal wish list
    oil for the deep fryer, lots of butter, flour, sugar, maybe some more charcoal, chili sauce, sauerkraut, pickle spears, parmesan cheese, milk, mushroom soup for the green bean casserole, potatoes, onion, barbecue sauce, beer battered french fries, red onion, mayo, 24 hot sausage, 24 hot dog buns, garlic bread, case of bacon, 8 lbs chorizo or sweet italian sausage, scrapple, french cut green beans, approximately 75 biscuits, lots of fruit, french fried onions and everything I am forgetting!!!!
    Last edited by trailangelmary; 06-17-2011 at 08:10. Reason: forgot something

Default Food Donations

Tracey, a townie and my friend and fellow pool player is donating several things from surplus of the Food Distribution Company she works for. YEAH! Thanks, Tracey

oil for the deep fryer, lots of butter, flour, sugar, maybe some more charcoal, chili sauce, sauerkraut, pickle spears, parmesan cheese, milk, mushroom soup for the green bean casserole, potatoes, onion, barbecue sauce, beer battered french fries, red onion, mayo, 24 hot sausage, 24 hot dog buns, garlic bread, case of bacon, 8 lbs chorizo or sweet italian sausage, scrapple, french cut green beans, approximately 75 biscuits, lots of fruit, french fried onions and everything I am forgetting!!!!
    Thanks Mary, but how much oil, butter, flour etc..,. I'll see what I can do on some of these items. I like the idea of beer battered french fries but I do think frying a bunch of stuff is a little over kill. Remember how tired you get doing all this even with 'some' help. May I politely suggest keeping it short and simple for all those who are putting these meals together. I'm at the Doyle now and will be driving down to the AT museum festival early tomorrow morning. See you and talk more there. Have fun tonight.

Thanks to Pat at the Doyle who is donating a soup for the Saturday Evening Soup Bar. So now that meal looks like this:
    would like 4 homemade soups Peanut Butter Soup by Trailangelmary, Chicken Corn Soup by Little One, Ham & Bean Soup by Pat of the Doyle Hotel. - need one more soup donated.
    Mary if I can prepare a 4th soup (1 hour tops) at your house or in the park concession. I'll make a tomato mac soup, sort of like a soupy goulash.., Pat's recipe. Unless that is somebody comes up with something else.

Images

next year I taking my vacation around the trail days, festivals and feeds if I could carry it in my pack I bring a pot of leek and potatoe soup
    Would you be offended if I told you to
    TAKE A HIKE!
    CowHead

"If at first you don't succeed......Skydiving is not for you" Zen Isms

I once was lost, then I hike the trail

Quote Originally Posted by CowHead View Post
    next year I taking my vacation around the trail days, festivals and feeds if I could carry it in my pack I bring a pot of leek and potatoe soup
    YUMMMMMM! That's a good soup

Mary, Chickenwing and I would also like to know how much of these items is needed either lbs or quarts and we will see what we can do to help out

Images

This is BagOTricks.

I am hiding inside of StarLyte's mind.

I will do anything you ask dear Mary. I am your slave for the weekend of the Billville Hiker Feed. I will bring anything you need.

Matthewski will help me back out of her mind, but until then, ask away.

Love,
    Tricks

Default Cash Donations

Thanks to JB for his generous cash donation. The pig is on! Next job is to schedule who is going to roast the pig.

Images

Haven't found this hiker as a registered member of whiteblaze but apparently he's been reading. So, I just like to note his donation as received so he knows. Thank you to Old Hiker for his generous cash donation.

Scared me! Thought I was lost (again). Had to go look to make sure! I'm between Old Hickory MH and Old Man Grizzly.

Glad to help out - maybe someday I'll make one, if the world doesn't end this Oct or Dec 2012. Might want to make this feed count, just in case!
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Summary of remaining ingredients needed for meal wish list oil for the deep fryer, lots of butter, flour, sugar,maybe some more charcoal, chili sauce, sauerkraut, pickle spears, parmesan cheese, milk, mushroom soup for the green bean casserole, potatoes, onion, barbecue sauce, beer battered french fries, red onion, mayo, 24 hot sausage, 24 hot dog buns, garlic bread, case of bacon, 8 lbs chorizo or sweet italian sausage, scrapple, french cut green beans, approximately 75 biscuits, lots of fruit, french fried onions and everything I am forgetting!!!!
    Some details about the above list:
    butter needed for many things like on the pancakes Saturday morning, for the garlic bread on Friday evening, for the roux to thicken the sausage gravy, for the amish friendship bread - so I'd say a total of 4 lbs will be needed.

My friend Stacey believes she can get the flour and sugar for me on July 1 which is good because I will need it ahead of time to make the amish friendship read.

6 italian loaves will be needed for the garlic bread on Friday evening. As well as one large jar of crushed garlic, 1 parsley flakes. and 1 oregano.

For the hot dogs 2 15 oz cans of chili without beans, 2 quart cans of sauerkraut, 1 #10 can of pickle spears.

For the green bean casserole 1 #10 can of french style green beans, 1 # 24oz can cream of mushroom soup, 3 cans of french fried onions.

For the baked corn I need a #10 can of corn and a #10 can of cream corn.

For the spaghetti sauce, I will need onion, green peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, 4 - 28 oz cans tomatoes, 2 - 28 oz can plum tomatoes, 6 - 29 oz cans tomato puree, 6 - 12 oz cans tomato paste, bottle of red wine, fresh garlic gloves, parmesan cheese and various seasonings. All of these ingredients will be needed by July 4 because I prepare it ahead.

Need 3 additional containers of parmesan cheese and 2 crushed red pepper flakes for serving time.

4 loaves scrapple

3 bottles barbecue sauce for the bacon explosion.

Milk is needed for several things, so I need a case of canned milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    Scared me! Thought I was lost (again). Had to go look to make sure! I'm between Old Hickory MH and Old Man Grizzly.

Glad to help out - maybe someday I'll make one, if the world doesn't end this Oct or Dec 2012. Might want to make this feed count, just in case!
    AHHH, there you are! Thanks Old Hiker

Default Food Donations

Starlyte has committed to the garlic bread and the rolls for the pig and some pastries for Sunday morning. Thanks, Starlyte

Thanks to JB for his generous cash donation. The pig is on! Next job is to schedule who is going to roast the pig.
    I thought the guy who usually does the pig would be roasting it? Where are you getting the pig and how much (lbs and money) for it .., give me some details.., how much for pig roster etc.., I've roasted plenty of pigs and used this outfit http://www.hessbbq.com/rentals.asp for everything. They supplied me with everything, the pig, roaster, and sauce. Been a while since I've roasted one with charcoal but it's a piece of cake. This is not to say I want to do it but I will if necessary. Hmmmmmmm roast pig, save me the snortin' muscles.

cole slaw by little one

Is the recipe I used last year still on the side of your fridge?
    Trailangel Mary's daughter

Default Food Donations

Starlyte has committed to the garlic bread and the rolls for the pig and some pastries for Sunday morning. Thanks, Starlyte
    And desserts for Friday

Quote Originally Posted by BAG "o" TRICKS View Post
    I thought the guy who usually does the pig would be roasting it? Where are you getting the pig and how much (lbs and money) for it .., give me some details.., how much for pig roster etc.., I've roasted plenty of pigs and used this outfit http://www.hessbbq.com/rentals.asp for everything. They supplied me with everything, the pig, roaster, and sauce. Been a while since I've roasted one with charcoal but it's a piece of cake. This is not to say I want to do it but I will if necessary. Hmmmmmmm roast pig, save me the snortin' muscles.
    There is not one guy who has roasted the pig over the years. It depends on who of the three I have used is available. And no we are not renting and roasting the pig ourselves.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++