WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ahh, you got it Coffee. Apply the CDT to your hikes, how you hike, etc knowing the give and take of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    There is some stretch to it but not a huge amount. It's the same situation on the Circuit. On the Circuit I typically use the mesh pocket for my rain gear, pack cover and other small items I might need during the day so I don't have to open the main pack body. It definitely wouldn't work well to store my tent or any larger item. I've seen a CDT with the stretchy mesh and it could expand to accommodate a larger item like a tent. I guess the main issue with putting too much in the mesh on the CDT is related to Dogwood's point about the load moving away from the back. I wouldn't really want lots of items in the mesh pocket for that reason. I have noticed some tendency for the pack to move away from my back but so far (with an 18 pound test weight) isn't a big issue for me. I might need to experiment with how I load the pack.
    I was fortunate that they still had in stock a CDT in purple that had the old stretch mesh so I got that. The purple is also pretty sweet, I must say.

I definitely notice the pack moves away from my back, and requires more regular tweaking of the various straps than other packs I have used. I really like the hand straps attached to the shoulder straps for when I'm not using trekking poles. A little forward pressure on these straps also serves to pull the pack body tighter against your back.

Did you customize it with neon green trim too Mak? I betcha you have those running shoes with blinking lights in the heels too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Did you customize it with neon green trim too Mak? I betcha you have those running shoes with blinking lights in the heels too?
    haha, no neon trim or lights in the shoes, although I do often hike in a bright orange tshirt. The purple is actually so dark that it's almost blue...not really flashy at all.

I've seen the ULA purple in person and it is an attractive color. I personally like the original green. I'm just a creature of habit and my Circuit is green.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++