So after scouring the internet, calling UPS, calling USPS and searching this site for answers I am still left wondering:

Can I ship something UPS to general delivery at the post office?

These are the speculations and opinions that I have got:

UPS... "General Delivery? Whats that?"
"Can I speak with your supervisor?"
"Hello my name is Barelyspeakenglish.... no we don't ship to PO boxes... oh to the actual post office?.. um yeah sure i think so I guess it depends but probably.

USPS... "What is the zip code?"
"Of what?"
"The post office you want to ship to."
"All of them?"
"No just one, I will give you their number."
"And they can speak for the entire postal service????"
"Yes."

So the woman in Monson was very nice and also very surprised that she could now speak for the entire postal service LOL. She would accept the package if UPS brought it there and said it has happened before but it is not that common. She didn't know about other post offices though.

Amazon told me that I should call ahead to see if each PO would accept a UPS package before I placed the order.

The reason that I am going to all of this trouble is because I have my dog on a specific type of food and one 6lb bag will last 9 days. I also have the Prime shipping which offers free two day shipping. This will make it super convenient to arrange to always have dog food and will make my resupplies a lot easier.

What I am looking for are real life experiences of someone who has done this.. maybe more than once. I really don't need any Google surfers to throw out random opinions if you catch my drift.

Looking forward to some knowledge!!!

Thanks

Icky Didge
SOBO (in a week)