WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eagle Scouts

Images

Does it have to be scout themed? Why not an engraved watch or something he can always use and perhaps pass on one day. Rolexs are nice~!

Journal Entries
    Images

Good place to finally post - the Scout Watches bearly last a few years and are impossible to repair Seeker, try a backpack UL with a water bladder, one that is multi use.....

As for the rest of the posts - as a Eagle Scout all I received was recognition, the joy was watching my son pass. Priceless, I see no harm if a relative wants to do a little more. Its Fine.
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 08-31-2011 at 22:38.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKER- View Post
    I'm sure a lot of you on here are Eagle Scouts. I just found out that my Nephews' Ceremony is this weekend. My mom wants me to take her to the Boy Scout store in our area on Wednesday to get him a gift. My question is what type of gift is appropriate? What would you have appreciated/ cherished as a gift when you became an Eagle Scout?
    Thanks for your help/suggestions.
    P.S. He is my only Nephew and the only person in our family to even be in the Scouts, so this is really special.
    congrats on the eagle scout! one year i met a troop between woody/neels gap. they were in awe about hiking the trail, they loved my dog and the story of our journey. the gave me a hat pin with thier troop # on it and i carried it all the wat to katahdin, then sent it back to them with some photos. they were excited to hear from us ,so many months later! it was fun, i stuck that pin on my shoulder strap were it stayed the whole time, great kids!!

Default Giving recognition to one of the 3%

Fewer than 3% of the millions of boys who have been involved in Scouts ever achieve Eagle.
    That achievement alone is worth marking with some sort of gift.
    Consider presenting either of two books by former Eagle Scout Alvin Townley.
    "Legacy of Honor: The Values and Influence of America's Eagle Scouts" or "Spirit of Adventure: Eagle Scouts and the Making of America's Future"
    Hand write a personal note on the inside cover stating how proud you and the family are for your nephew's achievement.
    Consider getting permission from the Scoutmaster to personally go forward to present this gift during the Ceremony.
    Make a special point to read the note publicly before the whole troop along with a handshake and a hearty well done as you hand it over.
    It may sound corny, but these sort of gestures from family members are well received at an Eagle Investment Ceremony.
    When the other boys in the troop see the pride your family gives to this achievement they will receive motivation to advance toward Eagle too.

I carried my Eagle card in my wallet until it fell apart. An inexpensive gift would be to get him a couple of extra cards and have them laminated. It will probably take him 30 years to realize the significance of the gift.

Images

@txag

You can get a replacement card. I know it's not the original, but it's still something to carry.

http://www.nesa.org/about/58-550.pdf

Thanks, I will do that!!

I am 50 yrs old and still carry a cheap bronze coin that came from the BSA office. It has the scout oath on one side and the scout promise on the other. I bought it myself but if it had been a gift from my father or grandparents, it would even be more special. Everytime I get my change out of my pocket, it reminds be to behave myself

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++