WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hikers Interested In Participating In NASA's Space Flight Simulation Program

NASA's Space Flight Simulation Program is seeking fit and healthy individuals, like hikers, to participate in their Space Flight Simulation study, which takes place in Houston, Tx. After hiking the Appalachian Trail, one of the study representatives thought it'd be a great place to promote and recruit.

Our current studies research ways to counteract the physical changes astronauts experience during spaceflight by monitoring the body’s responses to head-down bed rest and monitors cardiovascular function through high intensity aerobic and resistance exercises.

Interested individuals can visit www.bedreststudy.com or call the Human Test Subject Facility toll free at 1-866-JSC-TEST for more information.

Images

Think it matters if you get motion sickness?

Working on Forestry Grad schol

can I bring my dog?

Images

It's fine to post this once, Solitaire, but not multiple times, spamming it in multiple threads. Please don't clutter up the boards.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

What's it pay?

Working on Forestry Grad schol

70 days of not getting out of bed and being held partially upside down. It had better be $100k

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    70 days of not getting out of bed and being held partially upside down.
    Sounds like college.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

That sounds like absolute torture to me

I believe that I would have been very interested in a program like this when I was younger.

They are offering jobs (of a strange kind), for hikers after the trail because they know we are fit, and used to sleeping in strange places, among other things (OK, i'm guessing here)

I think it's a legit request and am a bit shocked at the lack of seriousness by other thru-hikers.

I know hikers who have signed up for those drug-guinea pig- ordeals for money, give blood, etc.

This one seems like a great idea and shows that people in the government might even understand a bit about what we go through, physically, mentally, sleep-wise.

So, why all the negativity?
    Just wondering.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Nasa may not look too bad on a resume. If ya can grab a t-shirt, you could tell girls that you are an astronaut.

Constant headaches, muscle loss, bone loss, bed pans, forced to stay awake 16 hrs per day, etc. All for 160 bucks a day. What a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelbronco View Post
    Nasa may not look too bad on a resume.
    Kinda like selling your blood as work experience, huh?

++ New Posts ++