WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

http://bamahiker.blog.com/ Freedom Walker's Avatar
    Images

Default Which MP3 player

I need a new MP3 player and i would like to find one that i can replace batteries, because if I am on a long distance hike I may not be able to get a recharge for one like I had. The saleman at Best Buy said they are not available anymore. What say you. Thanks
    Freedom Walker, I am free to Walk, I am free to Run, I m free to live for You Lord Jesus, I am FREE!

He who the Son sets free, is free indeed.
    Visit my blog Free To Hike

Journal Entries
    Images

Well there are plenty old ones laying about teenagers bedrooms collecting dust. Try a farmers market or yard sale.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Default Bombproof

Coby USB-Stick MP3 with 4GB using Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds. This combo has withstood everything, rain, underwater, freezing, desert heat. Uses 1 AAA battery and holds over 600 320kps songs.

I bought mine on Amazon.com, I'll bet you still can.

Leave it a home and enjoy the outdoors for what they are....

RCA TH2002RDR, available at Wal-Mart. Runs for 30 hours on single alkaline AAA, even longer with lithium - one of the longest run times available. I ran mine for almost a month before it needed a new battery, playing 3-4 hours a day. 2 Gig mem, not giant, but holds enough songs to not get too sick of them all after a while.

As for listening to the sounds of nature, well those get boring pretty quick and we humans invented music for a reason. It's a part of nature - in a way, sort of.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by bflorac View Post
    Leave it a home and enjoy the outdoors for what they are....
    I never hike with one, could have stepped on a timber rattler someone ahead of me had messed with, it was in strike mode. Would not have heard the rattle if I had the mp3 in my ears. I use it mostly to get weather reports on it's radio function and to listen to the music when reading, etc (at camp).

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SassyWindsor View Post
    I never hike with one, could have stepped on a timber rattler someone ahead of me had messed with, it was in strike mode. Would not have heard the rattle if I had the mp3 in my ears. I use it mostly to get weather reports on it's radio function and to listen to the music when reading, etc (at camp).
    I use it mostly when I lay down for the night to help me slow down to get to sleep. If I have a audio book on I may lay down early to listen. Agree on the not hiking with it. I enjoy natures sounds as well. Thanks for the suggestions. I will give Wally world a visit this week and check amazon also.
    Freedom Walker, I am free to Walk, I am free to Run, I m free to live for You Lord Jesus, I am FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Walker View Post
    I need a new MP3 player and i would like to find one that i can replace batteries, because if I am on a long distance hike I may not be able to get a recharge for one like I had. The saleman at Best Buy said they are not available anymore. What say you. Thanks
    i hike with a RCA single double A battery mp3 player,found mine at walmart 2 years ago. i miss my old AM/FM manuel radio. was alot easier to tune in than the auto ones. it was like trying to pick up tunes in the car, without an antenna :-( with my manuel one i remember one night i picked up over 40 stations!

i could tell you more, but i don't know how well you sing :-)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    i could tell you more, but i don't know how well you sing :-)
    I listen to music and if you are camping close by you may hear me singing along, but I won't be on America's Got Talent. You might want to throw a rock at my tent.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

This is what I use for hiking - love it.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

SanDisk is about the only one I remember still had a line of battery powered players that was reliable. Check Amazon, Big Lots, or any close out stores. But a lot of other players that use batteries are cheap and a waste of money.

I would just go with a iPod Shuffle or Nano and carry a wall charger.

Or a small battery radio.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

I bought a creative zen in 2007, carried it in 2008 and its still going. I have since retired it for my ipod but it takes one battery and last forever. Very small and compact. I just went and found it and its still going. Bought it at staples for $40
    creative-mp3-player12.jpg

If you are handy with a soldering iron you could build a Minty Boost. Its a boost charging circuit that runs off 2 AA batteries and charges devices with a USB charging cable. I used to use one to charge my ipod nano and they're great. Eventually I decided I could make a better one that ran off rechargeable 18650 cells and hacked all my devices to either run off those directly or recharge their internal battery off my own charging circuit.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10094

++ New Posts ++