WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Beauty Beneath the Dirt - a new kind of Appalachian Trail film

What happens when you put a lawyer, an Ivy grad, and a city chick on the Appalachian Trail? Can this diverse threesome work together to survive the grueling hike from Georgia to Maine? Or will they crumble from the challenge? Filled with drama, laughs, and surprises, BEAUTY BENEATH THE DIRT takes a profound look at how three young people are affected by one of the most challenging outdoor adventures in existence today.

An Appalachian Trail thru-hike takes ambitious hikers on a 2,178.3-mile adventure from Georgia to Maine, trekking through some of America’s most pristine state and national parks. Though many people have attempted this challenge over the years, only a small fraction actually complete the journey. Nevertheless, “The Traveling Circus,” led by 24-yr-old lawyer, Katherine Imp, attempted the Appalachian Trail thru-hike from March to August 2010. Kate was joined by her brother Brandon, a 21-yr-old Ivy grad fresh out of college, and her best friend Emily, a 23-yr-old “city chick” born and raised on Chicago’s South Side.

By capturing the highs and lows of trail life, this honest, touching, and very personal story paints a raw and uncensored picture of how long-distance hiking can affect the mind, body, and soul. Leaving its audience both satisfied and hungry for more, BEAUTY BENEATH THE DIRT is a one-of-a-kind documentary that cannot be missed.

Is there a lot of crying involved?

Can't wait to see it.........

Images

sounds like something id like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    sounds like something id like to do.
    Cry a lot or see the DVD hikerboy57?

Images

hike the trail. i already cry a lot.

Women crying. A man crying. I think the target market must be the Lifetime cable channel. No thanks.

aka Kudzu
    Images

Wow. Lots of crying.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

I met up with them several times off and on during my thru, they are actually really cool people to be around. I don't personally know them, but we talked off and on somewhat.

Nice pictures, but now they need a marketing person to tell them how to sell it. Have to say the crying thing seemed over done and havent seen the whole scene.
    "You have brains in your head/You have feet in your shoes/You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    Wow. Lots of crying.
    cryin' about what? i ain't clicked on the link yet.

I agree the crying was a little much. Some of it seemed staged but can't really tell until I see the whole thing. I'm a video production guy by trade so will be interested to see the overall production quality. So far looks good. Have they hit the film festival circuit yet?

Anyone know when this will be available?

Theese attempts to place all this meaning and depth and tears on a hike blow my mind. To quote Lone Wolf "It's just walking". I only learned two things on the AT 1. I love hiking, the longer the better. 2. Brown Cinnamon and Sugar Pop-Tarts have 10 more calories per serving than the fruit flavors for the same cost, SCORE!

Hello Everyone!

Beauty Beneath the Dirt is officially complete, and we need your help to generate some buzz around the film.

Here's what you can do:

1. Watch the new trailer:

2. If you like what you see, then Post Tweet Email Blog Embed Forward (...that's all I know...ha) the trailer link on the Internet. The more buzz we create with the trailer, the more options we have to screen the film, and thus, the more people that get to see and enjoy BEAUTY BENEATH THE DIRT.

3. Come see the film at Trail Days this year! RSVP here: http://www.facebook.com/events/214809835280695/

Happy Trails,
    Ringleader

fools if no buzz needs to be generated i bet if you would have had a dvd available for sale since the opening of the first thread you would have had over 200 sales by now, at the very least.

These kids did what they set out to do. They finished their thru, they finished their documentary. That's a lot more than most do. Kudos! Unfortunately, judging by the trailer, the documentary looks a lot like a reality TV show. I need that like I need a hole in my head! No sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    cryin' about what? i ain't clicked on the link yet.
    clicked on it. oy vey

Is it just me, or is that trailer hilarious?
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Images

"Apparently 'macaroni and cheese' is a vegetable in THE SOUTH?" (at The Homeplace) What is 'macaroni and cheese' in "the North" or "the West" or "the Southwest" or the "Midwest" or "The Northeast" or the "Mid Atlantic?"

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Is this for real? Lots of emotions and the addressing of issues; BORING!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++