WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CF97 > Everything Else.

I got an Osprey Atmos 65 pack! It only cost me $90, cause I used a gift card that the place I interned gave me! However the large didn't fit so I will have to return it and get the medium. I love their return policy.
    "... I know it is wrong, but I am for the spirit that makes young men do the things they do. I am for the glory that they know." --Sigurd Olson, Singing Wilderness.

AT '12, LT '13, CT '14, PCT '15

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Not sure what the winters are like in Georgia, but up here in Connecticut I use my Microspikes a lot. They're great for dealing with snow and moderate ice both on the trail and walking around the neighborhood during the winter.

Just make sure to take them off before going inside and walking on a hardwood floor.
    The snow/ice storm we had back in January was the first one in about 10 years. LOL
    Generally if we get snow its only about a inch. And ice is usually non existant.

Journal Entries
    Images

Fenix ld 20 to replace one that stopped working.

They told me about the discount at the register and applied it on the spot.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    I looked at those but then decided I would probably hardly ever use them.
    I'm thinking PCT and/ or JMT

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Yeah, my light came in today. This thing is bright. About 1oz heavier than the other headlamps I currently have. Might save a little weight when I change over to lithium batteries. Well, right out the box, I started pushing the single button that controls all the different modes and I figured out the sequences without reading the instrutctions in just a few minutes. So easy, a cave man can do it!

I went for a bike ride tonight and used it in conjunction with the light on my bike and it makes a difference. I am pleased obviously!

SMSP
    South MS Patriot

Got some
    Black Diamond Trail Shock Trekking Poles

Very nice & light!

Images

Got a good book with my 20% off coupon: "Last Child in the Woods, Saving our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder" by Richard Louv.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Got a REI Flash 50 for 80 bucks with the 30% and got a spare compression sack with the 20%. I still have 2 20 percent off coupons from attending some of their classes so I still have some shopping left to do.

i got the Mountain Hardware Compressor primaloft jacket (lava) on rei-outlet and the rei Kimtah EVent jacket at the store. can't wait for more coupons so i can buy a new 0 degree bag for my upcoming thruhike.

Quote Originally Posted by fireneck View Post
    I got an Osprey Atmos 65 pack! It only cost me $90, cause I used a gift card that the place I interned gave me! However the large didn't fit so I will have to return it and get the medium. I love their return policy.
    most people don't know it, but rei really stands for "return everything incorporated".

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Calson View Post
    most people don't know it, but rei really stands for "return everything incorporated".
    I always knew it as Returns and Exchanges International
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Got the e-vent Kimtah jacket on clearance at 30% off the already discounted price. Yes! It's a little heavier than the Integral Designs e-vent thru hiker that I trashed in a tumble off a snowfield at Jones Pass on the CDT. Unfortunately, ID sold their clothing line to another company and that jacket is no longer available.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

2.17% and counting
    Images

Got new super feet for the 20% off reg. price and found an REI Ultra Light Jacket on clearance for $42 after coupon (reg. $119).

I got my son a new jacket. Pretty sweet deal too, I think... It was already marked down from $150 to $75 and then with the extra 30% off coupon (it was in the outlet) I got it for $52! However, when it came in I realized it was a bit small and I should have gotten one size larger (that is the fun part about ordering clothing online) so I did spend about another $10 to ship it back for a return...still good price though...

Also, from what I understand, the code can be used over and over again. Just have to place separate orders.
    Last edited by STICK; 10-19-2011 at 20:36.
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Images

I made 3 seperate orders to get the 20% off each purchase. Big Agnes Copper Spur 1, Five Fingers Shoes and REI Flash 65... Saved alot of cash .... My best purchase was the REI Flash 65 for $95.00

aka Kudzu
    Images

I got a new Fisher Space Pen and an insulated fish bag for my kayak. Oddly enough they both shipped from PA but not together. Got the pen yesterday. The box was like 1' squared for a package that's 4" long and 1/4" tall. Go figure. Supposed to have the bag today.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Jetboil Sol Ti Saved $30 and free shipping. (saved 1lb compared to my previous system)
    "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to" JRRTolkien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++