Default Maybe some of you can help

First off let me just say that I am from the midwest and we have some great hiking trails in my area. I m actually glad I found his site, I plan on hiking the Appalachian Trail when I graduate. Hopefully I can make it from one end to the other. I would like to apologize though in case I offend anyone with this post. I know that my post may not be appropriate for this forum. I am a graduate student currently working towards a Masters Degree in Criminal Justice. I am working to complete my thesis which concerns women in law enforcement. If any females have the time to complete a 5 minutes survey at (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MFKXDGB) I would GREATLY appreciate it. You do not have to be employed in law enforcement, I am just looking for female participants right now and I am not collecting any identifying information from anyone. I'm just trying to finish my thesis. Also, as I stated above, I hope I am not offending anyone by posting in the forum, that is not my intention. I only need to collect data for a few days and I will remove this posting. Thank you to anyone that can help.

Here is the link again just in case the one in the text is not working:
    <a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MFKXDGB">Click here to take survey</a>

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I looked at it and since I have no interest at all in this field of study, nor does it pertain to me, I did not answer it. Not sure if you will find the sample for those whose primary interest here is hiking. If it were hiking related, I could understand trying to find participants on this forum. This is just my take on it.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

I took the survey but I noticed that several of the questions revolved around concerns for family. I'm not sure what the exact nature of your thesis question is but the questions sort of presume that all women are going to have "a family" which, for most people means "kids." There are a lot of women who choose not to have children, especially the alpha female types who tend to explore careers in law enforcement so this series of questions is irrelevant to them. I just wondered if that would skew your reslults since there didn't seem to be a qualifying "do you have kids" or "do you plan to have kids" question. Of course, I may be completely off base with how you mean "family" but I was guessing by the nature of the questions asked that it meant husband and kids rather than how a law enforcement career would affect your adult siblings, parents, or extended family. Anyhoooo...I'm sure you didn't post this link so that you could get critiqued...but it's a subject that's near and dear to me. Good luck with the research.

++ New Posts ++