WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Combine running tights with running shorts for 9 oz total.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    Buy a pair of nylon jogging pants at Walmart for $10. The nice thing about them is you can wash them in a sink or shower and wring them out and they are dry in 20 minutes. I just put them on slightly damp and they dry in a matter of minutes.
    Nylon doesn't smell as much a those wicker fabrics too. Which is good cause I don't want to get the nick '100 feet downwind'.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/montb...ants-mens.html A link to something mentioned several posts back.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    http://www.backcountrygear.com/montb...ants-mens.html A link to something mentioned several posts back.
    Here is my own long term review (365 days + of usage) of the MB Dynamo Wind pants.

If you do not care about zippers on the bottom of the legs go with the MB UL Wind pants. More durable material and lighter weight. I use the Dynamo pants as both a layer-2 (for when my shorts are not enough) and as a layer-4 (for when it is really cold... briefs -> patagonia cap 3s -> a pair of down pants -> dynamo pants) so I went with the dynamo so I could put them on easier, because it does have those zippers.

Images

I just picked up a pair of Cabela's nylon convertible pants, 10.5 oz in XL size (I'm 6'3", 200 lbs). Found them in almost new condition in a thrift store for $5.99. I used a "waterproof" spray treatment on them and they shed water pretty good. Just another option.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    Looking for something that will double for running, also, so I'm hesitant to go for the AGG pants.
    Marmot Trail Wind is "unbelievably lightweight" but they don't give an actual number on their site.
    Suggestions?
    thats cause if they told you they are 14oz you wouldn't believe they were lightweight! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++