WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Rainpants for tall people

So the last item I need to get for my AT hike is a set of rain pants. The problem is I'm 6'6" with a 36" waist and 36" inseam (at least thats my normal jeans size). Anyone out there have any suggestions for a pair of lightweight rain pants that would be long enough?

I'm pretty sure anti-gravity gear makes their rain pants based on the dimensions you give them. I cannot attest to their quality, but I've been looking at them myself since I have the opposite problem. A 29" inseam.

Images

I'm 6'5", and use Frogg Toggs, and I have plenty of length. My waist is a bit bigger than yours tho, but they come w/ a drawcord.
    NOBO section hiker, 1066.4 miles... & counting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho_Nomad View Post
    So the last item I need to get for my AT hike is a set of rain pants. The problem is I'm 6'6" with a 36" waist and 36" inseam (at least thats my normal jeans size). Anyone out there have any suggestions for a pair of lightweight rain pants that would be long enough?
    Here's antigravity gear link. http://www.antigravitygear.com/antig...ain-pants.html

I just ordered my rain suit custom made. I needed extra length in both the arms and legs. You give them your measurements and they will make it. They spent much time with me via email getting it just right. Highly recommended.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

marmot precip pants are too short fyi, but i live with it, as with everything else in the life of a tall person
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

These might work. Beans is the only maker/seller of a full line of clothes fot the tall.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Awesome, thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I'm 6'5", and use Frogg Toggs, and I have plenty of length. My waist is a bit bigger than yours tho, but they come w/ a drawcord.

Dry ducks suits are extra long in the pants and arms.

Gaiters help span the distance 'tween pant leg and boot.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Khike

Hey IH, 6'5" here and 220 lbs with a 36 inch waist and 36 inseam. Mountain Hardware Cohesion rain pant at 130 bucks or the Epic rain pant at 99 bucks. I have both and they drag on the ground!! Really, nice length to both. 12 oz. You won't look goofy in your highwaters. You will look cool!!! Kevin

Anti-gravitygear will make to your specs.

++ New Posts ++