WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Midwest hiking friends!

I am currently in North Dakota and just obtained most of my gear for my 2014 NOBO thru hike attempt. I am close to Montana and have a pretty awesome work schedule where I am off for two weeks at a time. I was wondering if anyone in Montana, Idaho, Washington, ect would be interested in hiking with me for a few days sometime this summer/fall? The Badlands are awesome but not that great for shakedown hiking. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you're not far from Teddy Roosevelt NP. Heck, you got a nice 5-8 day shakedown hike on the Maah Daah Hey Trail in the Dakotas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Sounds like you're not far from Teddy Roosevelt NP. Heck, you got a nice 5-8 day shakedown hike on the Maah Daah Hey Trail in the Dakotas.

That is one of my shakedown plans. Terrain is still fairly mild so I would like to expand in more mountainous places. TR NP is beautiful!

Head west to Glacier NP or Waterton NP or one of the other Canadian Provincial Parks or the Wind River Range then. If you can handle GNP you'll handle the terrain of the AT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Head west to Glacier NP or Waterton NP or one of the other Canadian Provincial Parks or the Wind River Range then. If you can handle GNP you'll handle the terrain of the AT!
    +1 Glacier is very different than the AT. You will not regret it. Train access, too, if you prefer.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

All great suggestions and places I plan on going. I was hoping to find people who would like to join me! All great suggestions though. I have taken the train through Glacier on several occasions and it is breath taking so I can't wait to see it on foot.

++ New Posts ++