Question Questions from a dad

Being helped already
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 01-09-2012 at 23:07.

body glide anti-chafe balm

Journal Entries
    Images

What ever happened as a dad to trust a little of your "best girl" judgement?

I can guess its somewhere in the bible but not an actual quote.... " pour your life into her"

I can add

Don't go overboard.....
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

These are very delicate issues that really shouldn't be talked about here with a teen girl.

Be better if your wife comes on so we can talk and she can get her what she needs. Have her (or your daughter) PM message or e-mail me.
    Last edited by Blissful; 01-08-2012 at 23:34.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    What ever happened as a dad to trust a little of your "best girl" judgement?I can guess its somewhere in the bible but not an actual quote.... " pour your life into her" I can addDon't go overboard.....
    Not sure I understand this. I'm teaching her a lot and when I'm done she will be able to do it on her own. But underwear we don't wear them and hair we cut ours all off neither of which my daughter is going to do. Women have specific needs and issues of which I have no training or experience in. Yes I can grunt threw it and get it done which ever way I feel is best but that don't make it the best way for her. I'm walking a fine line of getting her in shape and prepared without making it to hard or breaking her enthusiasm so things that will make her more comfortable while doing it I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    These are very delicate issues that really shouldn't be talked about here with a teen girl. Be better if your wife comes on so we can talk and she can get her what she needs. Have her (or your daughter) PM message or e-mail me.
    Thank you I will take you up on that I really appreciate it.

my fiance uses "boyshorts" style underwear, its what works for her. try n get non cotton.

You are one of the lucky ones to get a wife or daughter or son to hike with you. I was one of the lucky ones up to the age of 8 or so, but it is harder now at 12. Haven't had so much of a problem with sensitive issues. For me the sensitive issue is the importance of outdoor activity, physical activity, and homework. Still, I'm blessed. Best regards.

Images

Is she wearing cotton underwear? Cotton is bad because the fibers absorb water then become very abrasive. When I first started backpacking I got terrible chafing. Switching to non-cotton underwear solved this issue for me. Microfiber panties are widely available, and should help.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    These are very delicate issues that really shouldn't be talked about here with a teen girl.

Be better if your wife comes on so we can talk and she can get her what she needs. Have her (or your daughter) PM message or e-mail me.

Well said.

Images

This is a sketchy post - maybe even a troll - really unusual - I've run outdoor programs for youth ages 12-18, male and female for a long time and understand these issues pretty well -when these questions come up, they are not asked in this manner - I'd expect much more matter of fact type stuff like (what are the most comfortable styles of underwear for women backpackers?) -- there are certain practices relevant to backpacking that could cause yeast infections but the manner in which the OP posted this question is really un-usual - her hair was bothering her?? what, like rubbing on her pack?? - Cut her underwear off?? this is just a stupid person (spelled bare (sic) wrong - should be "bear with me") or really a really perverted and weird person looking to talk about underwear and young girls. Come to think of it, his spelling, grammar, and agreement are totally off base. So, I'm going out on a limb here -- I'm betting against him actually having a 14 year old daughter with these issues - I think he's just stirring something up - might suggest deleting this post all together. Super sorry if I'm wrong Sal - if I am, I apologize and suggest that you take Blissful's advice.

Journal Entries
    Images

Sal-XK Crum got a very good reply.... I hope you see this...PM Blissful -she is a wealth of information...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Didn't want to hijack the post so I thought I would pm. Anyway what is a troll?

That was a complete failure. (I'm using tapatalk) anyway there is the question.

Images

I might have been way off-base - just struck me as very unusual - a "troll" in whiteblaze parlance is a bogus poster: here is wikipedia's definition:

a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

My wife is contact with bliss and were getting the advice we need. I was and am uncomfortable with asking those questions which probably lead to the way I worded my post. Moderator can delete this thread and I'm fine with it in fact I wish they would I'm sure bliss can answer all our questions for us. Papa D sorry you took my post in that way in hine sight I could of and should of went about this differently.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    My wife is contact with bliss and were getting the advice we need. I was and am uncomfortable with asking those questions which probably lead to the way I worded my post. Moderator can delete this thread and I'm fine with it in fact I wish they would I'm sure bliss can answer all our questions for us. Papa D sorry you took my post in that way in hine sight I could of and should of went about this differently.
    ok - it's cool - I figured when I hit the post button that there was about 50% chance I was off-base - have fun hiking

Quote Originally Posted by Papa D View Post
    ok - it's cool - I figured when I hit the post button that there was about 50% chance I was off-base - have fun hiking
    It's OK I have thick skin. Also sticking my version of humor in the post to lighten my own uneasiness was not a good idea I guess. I also don't see an edit button like I do on other forums so I couldn't fix what I posted.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    It's OK I have thick skin. Also sticking my version of humor in the post to lighten my own uneasiness was not a good idea I guess. I also don't see an edit button like I do on other forums so I couldn't fix what I posted.
    Pay the folks at WB a few bucks (be a donating member) and they give you the all powerful edit button

++ New Posts ++