WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Images

Bulleit Rye Whiskey...so smooth
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Images

Evan Williams Bourbon.

i 2nd bulleit rye. never going to forget slugging some on a sunday a.m ontop of Big Bald in the Roan Highlands.

i learned this year that pbr is a thru hikers favorite beverage

Images

I had to go with Canadian Mist on my thru, it's the only thing I could find in a plastic container. Chased it with Jellybeans.

Images

Last longish hike was Bacardi 151, on the theory that there was more bang for the ounce (or something like that, and that if worse came to worst, I could burn it in my alcohol stove. (Have to be desparate for that!) Ever sipped it straight? Whooo, that burns! Alternatively, brandy, bourbon or scotch.

Just Hitting My Stride!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa D View Post
    AH HA!! A post I like!! RUM matey - high proof - fast and light - - now, of course if you want to sherpa it in for me, I'd enjoy a little wine - thanks.
    +1 . . . 151 rum. Try a "Fuzzy Leprechuan" ( 1 1/2 oz. 151 Rum and 8 oz. Gatorade). It puts the high in hydrate.

anyone can carry a 12pk. inside the backpack, easy/chessy... I know just put it in the creek right?
    i guess i may be the only dumbass that ice's down the beer before leaving town? never had any complaints from anyone i ever handed a ice COLD beer! too though

Whoever's moderating deleted my post along with another post which referred to yet a third post about smoking something instead of drinking. I guess it is off topic, but I have a feeling that the real reason for the deletion, oh, excuse me, censure of all three posts was the use of a partial bible verse used to justify an illegal action and my response to it as the abuse of scripture to justify one's intent to do something contrary to scripture - not because it involves a particular action, but because that action is illegal and the use of said scripture was out of context and deceptive.
    It is legal to drink, however, so I won't go there except for reminding folks to do it responsibly.
    On topic - I used to carry Bacardi's 151 because of its high alcohol content, but, honestly, I hate the stuff. I occasionally carry peppermint schnapps, for peppermint patties with hot chocolate, but usually limit my drinking to town or the first day out and might have a nice cold beer (but I don't get drunk anymore).

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

This might be a good time to point out that my father was a functional alcoholic, something I was afraid of becoming. Functional alcoholics can hold down a job and have a social life, but life for their family is usually hell (and they feel disrespected because they are, and unloved because their loved ones often pity them as much or more than they love them).
    Last edited by Tinker; 01-10-2012 at 19:05.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Probably one of these:

Talisker - Single Malt Scotch
    Boxed Wine (dry red of some kind)
    Brewery Vivant (Belgian style beer in a can)
    Kvint (a very obscure cognac from the even more obscure "country" of Transnistria)

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.c View Post
    get my corn from a jar..
    Spoken like a true Virginian...

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

1. Woodfords reserve
    2. shine
    3. beer [on ice] its nice having an external frame

many a fall was spent in the cool woods,with only a pint of Black Berry Brandy to warm me gizard.

Images

I have gone from Scotch, to Tequila (with limes and on one occasion, ice), recently high-octane bourbon............a careful part of my quest for yet ever lighter weight backpacking.........at 125 proof I can carry less for more kick.

Wicked strong in the woods after a long day..............I guess 151 rum would qualify as well.

Images

Knob Creek for me. There's a stretch of the PCT where some hikers try to drink 24 beers in the 24 miles between two hostels. But, hey.. that's California after all.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo bob View Post
    Knob Creek for me. There's a stretch of the PCT where some hikers try to drink 24 beers in the 24 miles between two hostels. But, hey.. that's California after all.
    It's been done on this side of the US of A, too. Hiking into Duncannon, Pa. during the Winter Warmer.

Duncannon Winter Warmer (2011) link: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...ight=Duncannon
    Last edited by Tinker; 01-10-2012 at 19:37.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Kahlua and Vodka.

J D cant go wrong with the sour mash!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Espero View Post
    +1 . . . 151 rum. Try a "Fuzzy Leprechuan" ( 1 1/2 oz. 151 Rum and 8 oz. Gatorade). It puts the high in hydrate.
    2 Januarys ago, my friend Alana and I hiked in Joyce Kilmer Slickrock Wilderness for a few days of winter (snow) trekking -- on the second night, we camped at Stratton Bald and the ambient temperature was -5 deg. not including the wind which was howling - it was so cold that our macaroni and cheese dinner went from boiling hot to frozen in about 3 minutes. We slept in zero degree down bags (and even though we are just plutonic friends attempted to share body warmth in the same solo tent with hot water bottles in each of our bags) -- ok, here is the funny thing - Alana had mixed some Jack Daniels and lemonade in a gatorade bottle - about 50% liquor - it froze SOLID. I had a little rum in a steel bottle that actually got "slushy" - we warmed it by our fire (build in a rock hole out of the wind a bit). You know you're doing something a bit crazy and off-kilter when the LIQUOR FREEZES

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Spoken like a true Virginian...
    from franklin county nuff said...

i am from*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++