WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Here it is! The big date! I know each of you will go to bed tonight happily satisfied with how you spent this evening. Red Hat has some good perspectives. I enjoyed listening to them along the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Thanks, Red Hat. Y'all have fun! It is the only way.

Kinnickinic
    Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Images

Exclamation Another great time had by all!!!

Well, another year and another great crowd and great time had by all. We had 6 on the hike at Radnor. Almost 30 for the dinner. And the same for RedHat's wonderful presentation about her various (I didn't know she had so many and so varied!) "thru" hikes on the AT (though she says she's just got the longest set of section hikes. Also thanks to Razor, who is the ATC Georgia Ridgerunner, for his comments too. All very helpful to those leaving this year on thru-hikes.

Here's a link to some photos, with captions. Enjoy!
    http://www.meetup.com/NashvilleBackp...lbumId=5977462

Thanks to ALL who participated!

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Rain Man, thanks for putting it all together! I had a great time! PS no "thrus" just about 3500 miles in a bunch of sections including GA-ME in 2010.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Rain Man, thanks for putting it all together! I had a great time! PS no "thrus" just about 3500 miles in a bunch of sections including GA-ME in 2010.
    Red Hat, thank YOU!!! I got lots of good comments and even that you inspired folks to think they might be able to do a thru, so now they are wanting to hit the AT. Thanks to Razor, too. Am glad those prospective thru's got to see and hear the ATC's Georgia Ridgerunner.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by J5man View Post
    ...I would like to do a seminar on "How to push your hiking buddy over the edge of McAfee Knob and make it look like an accident"! LOL, ....
    As in here?
    Last edited by Cookerhiker; 02-14-2012 at 19:18.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++