WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Papa D View Post
    Crazy as it sounds, I was planning on hiking somewhere that weekend - I might just road trip up there. I have a bed / platform in the back of my truck (gear stows underneath). Can I camp in your driveway Rain Man?
    Sure thing, Papa D. Let me know if you want to stay here. We've had several stay here over the years, including Red Hat.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

I will still be there for dinner. Got some folks driving down from outside Chicago to look at houses. I THINK they are changing their plan to Friday instead of Saturday, if so, I'll be there to hike.
    Turtle2

Registered User Fat Man Walking's Avatar
    Images

Well, I guess this is what I get for not checking WB more often. But, in this instance, it wouldn't have mattered since I have to be in Baltimore (Jack) on that day. Maybe Girly Girl and I can make it next year. Certainly enjoyed the dinner, company and the presentation last year.

I put a shout out in the "Get Together" forum right after Christmas but never got any responses. So, I figured that it wasn't going to happen. Oh well, I guess I should have known better.

See Yall Next Time!
    "Like the confluence of two streams, dreams & reality are joined, flowing as one. I know how lucky I am." - Cody GA-ME 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    To be fair, several have replied in the "Nashville Backpacker" Meetup.com group. I also posted it as a HammockForums.net thread. So, I'm getting RSVPs in three places. I'll give a total head count as the time approaches.

And yes, HikerHead, it's been 6 years. (I thought maybe longer! LOL) Are you coming down this year?

RainMan .
    With regrets, I can't make it. But Nashville will soon be gettin a new hiker extrordinare in J5MAN. He's moving down there in the next few weeks. He'll proabably be up for giving a presentation next year on one or two of many things, from Staying on course, to hiking fast and staying clean. And then his popular setting up and getting packed up quickly seminar is a good one. Plus his staying hydrated on the trail course usually sells out. His How To Pick A Good Hiking Buddy seminar has also been well recieved. I hope you two can meet up sometime.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hikerhead View Post
    But Nashville will soon be gettin a new hiker extrordinare in J5MAN. ... I hope you two can meet up sometime.
    How soon they forget! The three of us had pizza together in Damascus last Trail Days. Will certainly look forward to getting with him for some hikes.

RainMan

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rain Man; 02-06-2012 at 23:06.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

Are we in that pic? let me get my magnifiers out Yeah I remember that noisy place and checking out yours and the groups tent set ups down at Larry's place. OK then, take him to that Greek place under the interstate where they do the Chicken dance. He'll like that.

Count me in for dinner and the Red Hat presentation, I am doing my Thru hike in March. I look forward to some trail talk and meeting some fellow hikers!

Tn Ysguy

Images

My wife and I are still coming, and possibly 2 grandsons that came last year. See you at Ruby's.

Images

Are we in that pic? let me get my magnifiers out
    Click on the thumbnail, DUMMY!!!!! ROTFLMAO. Sorry, just had to pull yer lag a tad!

Greek place under Interstate, eh? (putting on my detective hat ....)

RainMan

With regrets, I can't make it. But Nashville will soon be gettin a new hiker extrordinare in J5MAN. He's moving down there in the next few weeks. He'll proabably be up for giving a presentation next year on one or two of many things, from Staying on course, to hiking fast and staying clean. And then his popular setting up and getting packed up quickly seminar is a good one. Plus his staying hydrated on the trail course usually sells out. His How To Pick A Good Hiking Buddy seminar has also been well recieved. I hope you two can meet up sometime.
    You failed to mention his snoring. At least so I've heard from a good source....

Rain Man...I've made the last 2 or 3 WB dinner/hikes but cannot get over there this time. I'm sure it will be the usual good time and hope to see you on the trail or at next year's get-together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    You failed to mention his snoring. At least so I've heard from a good source....
    Oh hell ya....plus he has a bear phobia....he's up all night yelling "There's a bear!!!" That's covered in his Hammock Camping seminar under why it's good to camp away from the crowds so others can sleep.

I signed up on meet-up but wanted to confirm here also. See you there----

Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

So is there going to be a group hike at 2pm? Jan (my wife) and I like Radnor Lake... That said, she's got short legs and likes to smell the roses on her hikes...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HikerRanky View Post
    So is there going to be a group hike at 2pm? Jan (my wife) and I like Radnor Lake... That said, she's got short legs and likes to smell the roses on her hikes...
    Yes, there will be a hike. I'd have a few inquiries about the hike, though not many. Would you be willing to take charge of the hike? That would take some of the day's burden off me, in case I need to be at REI getting RedHat's computer talking to REI's projector, or whatever. Most likely, I'll make the hike, but it'd be nice to have someone else in charge of it.

Last year I tried to get the rangers to let me lead our group across the brand new bridge (built after the Nashville Flood of May '10, which killed a dozen people and washed away some of the trails and road at Radnor), but they held fast. This year, the group can see that fancy new architectural creation on the new connector trail.

RainMan

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rain Man; 02-08-2012 at 12:21.

Images

I have not done a consolidated head count yet, but it appears we'll have about 36 for dinner and the talk, and about half a dozen for the hike. Most locals are RSVP'ing on Nashville Backpacker Meetup.com. But we have others here on WB and also some on HammockForums.net.

I'll try to do an actual count later in the week.

However many, it's always a fun time!

RainMan

Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Yes, there will be a hike. I'd have a few inquiries about the hike, though not many. Would you be willing to take charge of the hike? That would take some of the day's burden off me, in case I need to be at REI getting RedHat's computer talking to REI's projector, or whatever. Most likely, I'll make the hike, but it'd be nice to have someone else in charge of it.Last year I tried to get the rangers to let me lead our group across the brand new bridge (built after the Nashville Flood of May '10, which killed a dozen people and washed away some of the trails and road at Radnor), but they held fast. This year, the group can see that fancy new architectural creation on the new connector trail.RainMan.
    Ok, I'll lead the hike.... However, Jan doesn't care to hike in cold weather, so it may be that I'll be by myself until dinner that evening.....If those that want to go hike be at REI at 1:30pm and we can take a couple of vehicles over to Radnor... I'm thinking that the South Cove Trail and then either Ganier Ridge Trail or the Lake Trail will be a great day hike.

Images

Rain, I was almost able to make it this year. I have been in Nashville all week and coming back Sunday night. I will definitely make it next year and look forward to it. I would like to do a seminar on "How to push your hiking buddy over the edge of McAfee Knob and make it look like an accident"! LOL, I am going to miss my hikes (aka history lessons) with Hikerhead. It has taught me so much about hiking and hiking in the SW VA area. I think maybe we could talk him into making it to next year's event.

Images

Wink

WB hiccuped and duplicated my post. So, ignore this!
    Last edited by Rain Man; 02-11-2012 at 11:19.

Images

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by J5man View Post
    I would like to do a seminar on "How to push your hiking buddy over the edge of McAfee Knob and make it look like an accident"! LOL, I am going to miss my hikes (aka history lessons) with Hikerhead. It has taught me so much about hiking and hiking in the SW VA area. I think maybe we could talk him into making it to next year's event.
    Well, so far I've worked it so that I've gotten lots of good trail, shuttle, outfitter, restaurant, etc info out of HikerHead without actually having to hike with him!!! SWEET!!! LOLOLOL No urges to push anyone over the edge of McAfee ... yet.

Yeah, next year HikerHead will have used up all his usual excuses, since the last time he made it down for this annual gathering, so twist his arm and let's get him down here then!

We'll miss the two of you terribly today, but will muddle through in despair (and, apparently, in COLD!).

RainMan

Last edited by Rain Man; 02-11-2012 at 11:19.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++