WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Trail festivals

Default Trail festivals

Has anyone ever stopped at the trail days festival in Damascus, VA or other events like that. What exactly are they and is it worth stopping for a whole day?

Just messin. You are going to get a variety if responses. Utilize the search feature in threads and picture galleries. There are a whole host if discussions on the subject

The Trail days in Damascus are pretty cool, IMO it's worth stopping for. They have all sorts of events going on that weekend. I have been there a few times since my hometown is near but just a warning it is pretty busy during this time or was when I was there.

Here is the website for Trail days it has a schedule to give you an idea what to expect.
    http://www.traildays.us/

You can visit the Traildays website at http://www.traildays.us/ . There is information, and photos from previous years. Closer to the event, a detailed program of the week's events will be posted that will give you a good idea of how much time you would like to spend there.

Trail events calendar for 2012...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would like to partake in Trail Days next year but I'm worried I won't be able to start until mid April due to my lease. Is a month enough time to get there starting on good ol' Springer? Thanks.

Plenty of time.

i loved rangeley! but i don't live there.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Half Note View Post
    I would like to partake in Trail Days next year but I'm worried I won't be able to start until mid April due to my lease. Is a month enough time to get there starting on good ol' Springer? Thanks.
    even if you're a little slower, there are plenty of people who go to trail days and you should be able to find a ride to damascus from the trail. my cousin picked me up with three of my friends i'd met on the trail and gave us a ride to TD'11. just don't be shy.. ask around, and if you want to bump up to damascus for the weekend, i'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunity for it.
    "i ain't got a dime
    but what i got is mine
    i ain't rich,
    but Lord, i'm free."

Coolio. Thanks y'all!

++ New Posts ++