WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: My big Piggy

Images

Default My big Piggy

Anyone ever finished a hike or was currently hiking when the base of their big toe started aching? It feels like my big toe is jammed and no matter how hard I pull on it, it won't pop. (I Know, TMI) Anyhoo, what should I do for it??

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    Anyone ever finished a hike or was currently hiking when the base of their big toe started aching? It feels like my big toe is jammed and no matter how hard I pull on it, it won't pop. (I Know, TMI) Anyhoo, what should I do for it??
    It could be "turf toe", which is damage to the ligaments and joint capsule where the toe joins the foot. Pretty common injury for runners, skiers, athletes (gets its name from artificial turf injuries), and yeah, hikers, especially from hiking up and down steep hills. Usually it will heal with rest if it isn't severe. See a doc or podiatrist. If it isn't real bad they'll probably just prescribe Ibuprofen and might tape it to reduce motion and help it heal.

This happens to me sometimes after climbing or hiking. Mine usually lasts a day or two then it goes away.
    Buy the ticket, you take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

You a drinkin man/women,if so....you got the GOUT.I only ask cause your name says Juice.Good news is the begining treatment is easy.....quit/lay off the booze for a bit.Or else

What in the he double ell was I readin...sorry bout that Echo and Juice,just shoot me nowmaybe I should quit drinkin...oh wait I already did

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    It could be "turf toe", which is damage to the ligaments and joint capsule where the toe joins the foot. Pretty common injury for runners, skiers, athletes (gets its name from artificial turf injuries), and yeah, hikers, especially from hiking up and down steep hills. Usually it will heal with rest if it isn't severe. See a doc or podiatrist. If it isn't real bad they'll probably just prescribe Ibuprofen and might tape it to reduce motion and help it heal.
    Thanks for the info! *pats head*
    It doesnt hurt this morning. Maybe the gnome who breaks in to steal my hiking socks popped it for me. Nice fellow!
    This is like the third time its happened. Never lasts though. Just aggravating!

++ New Posts ++