WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for the reply Handlebar,very interesting and thorough.One time (no not at band camp)at a battery plant,I was doing a job, in the Acid house(where the sulfuric acid was housed)a fine mist hung in the air.It was not until the rains came that an engineer told me that the rain water droplets combined with dry acid on my coat(which was cotton),and that was the reason half my coat was laying on the ground in pieces as I walked back from coffee break,and the other half would be gone by days end.Needless to say I was given a appropriate clothing after that.not cool!but the price we all pay for.......

Hey Redeye,over here,hey PM sent.

Oops wrong RED...REDeye..there that looks better?

so will painting have any effect on this? will a coating a grill paint stop the fumes? I dunno if the paint will be durable though.

That is a great question,and maybe a good idea,who knows?I have used high temp paint on my wood burning stove and it holds up well.Wondering if painting would then pose any other problems?I will think about this and maybe try the paint to....lets stay in touch on this.

P.S. Tinkers Idea of Stainless Steel sounds like a real good alturnative.

Can the zinc coating be burnt off and over time have no effect?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++