WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trail Meals

Images

No cook meals? Spam single serving is a new favorite. Requisitioned mustard packets from wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    JAK's race to 10,000 is on!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddytwosticks View Post
    It started weeks ago...
    Can I lose 50 pounds before my 50th birthday, June 14th, and before my 10,000th WB Post?

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Can I lose 50 pounds before my 50th birthday, June 14th, and before my 10,000th WB Post?
    My opinion, you'll have a better chance with the 10,000 posts. The way you are going, you will reach 10,000 by mid Feb.

Journal Entries

No one has mentioned peanut butter or Bear Creek soups. Eggs keep far better than many people realize. I also like to bring a frozen pound of hamburger out of town. Half the first night, Hamburger steak and eggs for breakfast the next morning.

I am not the Wizard of No-Cook Meals--but I almost always do it for all of my breakfasts, lunches, snacks and some of my big "evening" meals (which I may actually eat at midday). Here are some of the no-cook things I have tried over the years:

Power/Energy bars, jerky, trail mix (for me--my current trail mix is just peanuts and raisins). Sausage (pepperoni or summer sausage), cheese, (or cheese spread), crackers, pita bread, tortillas, bagels, peanut butter, jelly, pop tarts, cookies, juice/beverage mixes to add to my water, cold cereal, powdered milk, instant pudding (prepared in ziplock bags--no dishes). dried/dehydrated fruits & vegetables, nuts of various kinds, single serving meat in foil packets (tuna, chicken, SPAM), M&Ms, granola bars, Fig Newtons (or similar fruit bars), potato chips, corn chips (or other chips). I will buy fresh fruit, veggies, milk, sub sandwich (or other heavier, canned, or prepared meals) at a resupply point and eat them right away at the resupply point--or within 12 hours. Thus, I get that extra variety and extra nutrients every few days--but I don't have to carry the heavy/fresh food with me very far.

Add calories by adding things like olive oil, sugar, honey, protein powder to food.
    "A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by seasparrow View Post
    Been doing same thing Wheelie,figured 2lbs of raisins was lil to much to carry. 2 packs of ramen fits great into my pot. Pepperoni on tortilla is good and easy.
    mmm pepperoni and cheese Ok, seriously. I thrive on protein and pack dry vegan protein powder. I have read unfavorable things about soy protein isolate.

Journal Entries
    Images

I eat lima beans and pepproini in the morning. Mac And cheese and candy mid day. Beans, meat and rice at nite, Also carry spices aND i ain't telling what on line but I give it away

RE: Jak's post Shouldn't that be 22.727272727272727272727272727273 kg? or 222.72727272727272727272727272727 newtons?
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++