WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i'M leaving late March. If you Jam you can catch me!

Journal Entries
    Images

a friend is dropping me off in Atlanta around March 30, plan on staying at Hiker Hostel and no approaching springer on April fools day (seems suiting) Going with the trail name "one lung" hope to see you there!

2012 NOBO AT Hiker In Planning Hairball's Avatar

I'm starting at the Hiker Hostel on the 28th and leaving for the AT on the 29th.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

2012 NOBO AT Hiker In Planning Hairball's Avatar

March 28th/29th

I'm registered here as leaving April 3rd, but after finding out a plane ticket was $75 cheaper if I waited a day, I am now leaving the 4th. I'm staying at HH the 3rd and leaving the 4th. Planning on taking it slow the first 2 weeks. Planning on taking 3-4 days to get to Neels Gap.

Journal Entries
    Images

word, south florida in the house

Quote Originally Posted by Hairball View Post
    I'm starting at the Hiker Hostel on the 28th and leaving for the AT on the 29th.

I'm stayin' at Hiker Hostel on the 28th as well. I'm gonna stay a night at Hike Inn so I will be startin' a day behind you. Trail name John Z.

About a month left. Got this dang cold bug hope i feel better soon. weather has been really warm lately. driving down on the 5th staying in hotel and starting morning of the 6th. seeyas soon.

I'm planning on leaving March 29th most likely. I'm anticipating a slow start. I didn't hike over the winter and let myself get out of shape, you'll probably catch up to me.

Backing Back into Backpacking
    Images

Starting a section hike on the 6th from Springer, just going to Dick's Creek, wish I was going much further, like another 13 states!
    The key to success in achieving a goal is focusing not on how far you have to go, but rather how far you have come.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Phil 4:13

March 29th or 30th I am the Viking looking guy sporting the red beard

Looking like April 4 for us. Trail name; Dudditz and Lakota. Doing the approach trail. Looking forward to being on the trail and meeting my fellow AT class of 2012. Awesome experience so far, and haven't even made it to Springer yet. Peace

My boyfriend and I are starting the 8th or 9th on the approach trail. His trail name is Serial and I don't have one yet, but my name is Jill. See you guys out there!

I'm going to be starting the first week of April, driving up with my girlfriend when she can get 2 days off. Nice to know so many WB members will be starting around the same time. See you all out there!

My wife and i are starting the approach trail apr 9. No trail names yet, Ashley and Colton. This warm weather kinda makes me wish we planned for an earlier start. But in the end i dont think it matters. Plus we get to meet all of you guys! See ya out there soon!

12 more days of work.then few days to make sure all my ends are tied.Just a few more items to buy and a few days worth of food.

we have already had a few days in the 90's here in south carolina. wandering if i will need thermal underwear.

Well hope to run into yall soon.
    Survey Says.

Default April 14/15

Sure this is posted elsewhere but deciding to add to this one as well.

20 days! Solo thru-hike attempt. Doing the approach with 2 friends on the 14th and then headed out on my own on the 15th. I'm social - but also stupidly quiet sometimes. (You would never guess by my forum or blog rambling though). I'll be rocking a dark blue/black kelty bag, orange/grey solitude tent, dark grey shorts, and a white tshirt most of the time. Trying to find the most obnoxiously bright neon bandanna as well.

Say hey! to me, share a swig from the flask, whatever! My goal is to get north so I'll be skipping most if not all of the town/beer/party stops.

Also will be blogging as regularly as possible at underscore-at2012.tumblr.com (so if I ask if I can mention you by trail name online, that's why).

Can't wait to get out there and meet some of ya'll.
    …and he lost himself in those woods, as one would in the desert, till he thought himself bewitched and cut off forever from everything he had known.

2012-AT Blog - http://underscore-at2012.tumblr.com

Hitting the approach trail April 10, and planning my first month in to get to Damascus just in time for Trail Days. After that, I go wherever my feet take me. Hope to see you out there!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seasparrow View Post
    Hey Yall , I'm Joe I live in Santee, South Carolina . I will be leaving April 6th For the Falls.first timer.Im out of shape and can't wait to leave.i love the outdoors.never been past Va in the outdoors Can't wait to see the mountains in the north.
    Me, too. But leaving April 5th, from Hiker Hostel. Looking forward to meeting lots of interesting people & enjoying our hike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++