WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by oldlady View Post
    I signed up on this site specifically to respond on this thread of comments. And my post is directed to Tinker, in particular. I want to thank you for posting your comments. When I read your initial post, I thought, "Oh my gosh! That sounds exactly what happened with me." I never had gout in my life and after a fairly recent visit to my doctor, he prescribed lisinopril for my slightly elevated BP. BTW, I never had high blood pressure either but I'm now 60 years of age and not as active as I was once upon a time. My lifestyle has changed dramatically in the past five years and I know that has contributed to my health. That's all about to change now that I've read your information.

When I developed gout after being on lisinopril, I went back to the doctor and he prescribed me allopurinol to reduce it. No luck. It's still there and I'm still taking both medications. It dawned on me that the lisinopril has been the cause of my gout and the additional medication is to reduce it. That is just jacked! I know enough about medications to know that one may cause side effects and a doctor will often prescribe another to counteract those symptoms. It's a vicious cycle and for those who aren't aware of this, it could lead to trouble.

I've been fortunate to have good health my entire adult life. To have this now, is depressing and frustrating beyond words. Now that I know the lisinopril might actually be the cause of my gout, I'm going to talk to my doctor about stopping it. I'm going to do what you have done and keep track of everything I'm eating and get myself moving more than I have been. I know that will help me too. There is no reason for me to have slipped into this sedentary lifestyle and it's about to end.

Thank you so much for posting this. It has been very eye opening as I did not realize lisinopril had those side effects, even though I've read up on the medication. You just never know what you'll learn if you scour the net. I'm grateful. Thanks from this old lady.
    You are very welcome.

I just had my birthday checkup and found out that I had lost an additional 8 lb. without really trying. The gradual move to more veggies (especially salads), very little red meat (though I crave it and occasionally overindulge - big steak and cheese with onions and peppers today ), lots of water to flush out the junk, and more sleep!!(a recent addition to my lifestyle change).
    It seems to be working wonders - blood pressure (resting) around 125/70 (often lower), pulse rate (resting) 45-55, and, of course, no gout symptoms (though the commercials warn that you are always in imminent danger of attack - don't know whether to buy into that - after all, they are selling the MEDICATION ).
    The best of luck (or blessings, as I call them) to you, oldlady (really, I wouldn't call you that if you didn't ).

Keep in touch, and take a nice, long walk in the woods with a friend or two.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Default Gout and Lisinopril

I am 35 and have gout. This is the bane of my existence. Avoid oatmeal!

Quote Originally Posted by oldlady View Post
    I signed up on this site specifically to respond on this thread of comments. And my post is directed to Tinker, in particular. I want to thank you for posting your comments. When I read your initial post, I thought, "Oh my gosh! That sounds exactly what happened with me." I never had gout in my life and after a fairly recent visit to my doctor, he prescribed lisinopril for my slightly elevated BP. BTW, I never had high blood pressure either but I'm now 60 years of age and not as active as I was once upon a time. My lifestyle has changed dramatically in the past five years and I know that has contributed to my health. That's all about to change now that I've read your information.

When I developed gout after being on lisinopril, I went back to the doctor and he prescribed me allopurinol to reduce it. No luck. It's still there and I'm still taking both medications. It dawned on me that the lisinopril has been the cause of my gout and the additional medication is to reduce it. That is just jacked! I know enough about medications to know that one may cause side effects and a doctor will often prescribe another to counteract those symptoms. It's a vicious cycle and for those who aren't aware of this, it could lead to trouble.

I've been fortunate to have good health my entire adult life. To have this now, is depressing and frustrating beyond words. Now that I know the lisinopril might actually be the cause of my gout, I'm going to talk to my doctor about stopping it. I'm going to do what you have done and keep track of everything I'm eating and get myself moving more than I have been. I know that will help me too. There is no reason for me to have slipped into this sedentary lifestyle and it's about to end.

Thank you so much for posting this. It has been very eye opening as I did not realize lisinopril had those side effects, even though I've read up on the medication. You just never know what you'll learn if you scour the net. I'm grateful. Thanks from this old lady.
    Oh hey, you get one of these...and to white blaze. That you would take the time to sign in to reply to a post....is pretty dog gone cool, again welcome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++