WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Buena Vista & Glasgow Designation Events

The neighboring communities of Buena Vista and Glasgow, VA were both recently selected as Appalachian Trail Communities and will host their designation events on Thursday, April 19, 2012. Buena Vista's ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m. at the Buena Vista Regional Visitor Center. Glasgow's ceremony will begin at 1:30 p.m. at their in-town hiker shelter. The day promises to be an exciting one with many activities planned to help celebrate the day. Any hikers who happen to be in the area on that day are invited to come by and join in our celebration. Details will be made available on this site as they become finalized.

Congratulations again Pat and thanks for all that you do there to make BV a very hiker-friendly place to visit

Thanks Don. Are we going to see you this Spring?

I will spread the word. I have hiker mojo and am always bring joy and happiness to all that need it.

Thanks Land_Shark. Hope you'll be able to come by and join the festivities. It should be a great day!

I am going down to rons for the 1st and will spread the word. A major problem with this area is that there needs to be more of a encentive (free ride morning,evening) to get these folks to town. Trail head is difficult to get to. A beter spot to establish is by arcadia. It is cloe and already for outfitter setup but outside of hikers nobody goes down there. Any festival needs to be planned around trail days based on 12-15 miles days from demascus this might also help bring peolpe (money) to these economies. I have given much thought to all this my wife and I have helped hikers for the last 4 years she is known for german chocolate cake and beer for trail magic (no joke we will deliver anything) and would like to open a hiker hostel (dutch hause cool place) and be of service but this area is hard to get to trail heads (arcadia) that's why there needs to be a festival. Sorry for any spelling and grammer.

Captain D is also a large get together for hikers

I assume you meant Captain Tim's in Buena Vista, Land Shark. If so, it is now closed.
    Last edited by Deer Hunter; 02-04-2012 at 20:02.

++ New Posts ++