WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Fiberglass wicking

Hi everyone this is my first post here and I am sure this question has been asked quite a few times but I have been looking for the tpye of fiberglass wicking that Zelph uses in the super stoves. You know the grey stuff in the venom super stove. I just recently made a venom stove like his and used left over wicking from wraping a hienie pot and it worked but I would like to find out wat he actually uses if thats possible. I emailed Zelph about it on his website awhile ago to see if he sold the wicking seperatly but have gotten no response, I know he is busy so not a big deal. What I have found so far is
    1. 1 x 8 fiberglass flat wicks(wickstore, oilman, etc)
    2. multipul kevlar wicks(which i have read crumble after awhile
    3. fiberglass tape
    4. fiberglass coth(how would you keep it from unraviling if you cut it to size?)
    and a few others, but any help would be greatly appreciated as i find making my own gear and gear for my friends pretty sweet.
    Thanks for any help u can give.

Images

I believe the guy that runs minibulldesign.com sells the wicking on his site...

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey Mate ... hardware store - they sell a fiberglass rope to fix home oven seals - too much for a stove but it works fine.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Thatnks for the info bmwsmity and wise old owl, I got wicking from minibull designs to wrap my pot and i have looked into fiberglass rope but what I am looking for seems to be a 2" graphite flat wick I just don't know what it is exactly and where to get it.
    Thanks

Journal Entries
    Images

The Hiney rope trick didn't fly so well - I would say skip it. use a Leatherman micro pliers or gloves to pick it up or fashion a light steel bail like a bucket bail.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

I can't find the website right now, but I got my fire wicking cord from some site that had something to do with fire dancers.

Thanks for help I found what I was looking for over at bplite.com, zelph gave me the info I was looking for, again thanks everyone. 2 inch muffer wrap

four-o

Quote Originally Posted by four-o View Post
    4. fiberglass cloth(how would you keep it from unraviling if you cut it to size?)
    I too was vexed by this problem and since most folks who make/sell stoves treat their craft like the Voodoo arts they aren't always willing to share tips and tricks so you're forced to figure it out yourself.

The best way to keep fiberglass cloth from unraveling when cutting is to apply some sticky fiberglass repair tape over the middle line you want to cut. It works great. You can find the stuff at your local home improvement store in the section that sells dry wall supplies.

Cheers!

617848_front200.jpg

I use a cheap hair spray before cutting, it works for me.

Journal Entries
    Images

Find someone with a house. Take some attic insulation
    David Smolinski

Journal Entries
    Images

Woo

Walmart or Auto Zone in the auto body repair section. Look for fiberglass repair tape for use with body repair epoxy.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Images

It's 2" Manifold Wrap

I've given out that information several times here on Whiteblaze.

I've shared many tips and tricks.

The Budlyte Super Stove came first and then the Venom Super Stove. Here is the history of the Venom Super Stove:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...om+super+stove

I have spent quite a few years here on Whiteblaze sharing information. Don't include me in the list of non-sharing voodo-arts folks.

++ New Posts ++