WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I hiked in the mountain hardwear elkommando kilt last summer and loved it. Plan to wear it again this year, specially on Patties Day; rain, snow, or shine.

Aside from the fact that wearing one would likely traumatize one of my partners and arouse the other one, how mobile can I be in a kilt? I like to run ahead on trails, vault over things with my staff, climb at random, that sort of thing. I don't want to get caught on anything.

I think it's time I asked the question I have yet to see addressed. I like the look, the comfort, convenience. So when it comes to wearing your kilt, do you always go commando? Is it a breach of kilt ettiquet to wear briefs or boxers? Given the potential of ticks, should you at least consider briefs?
    "How can something this hard be so much fun".

Images

I wear UA compression shorts as my legs just rub together naturally (I'm definitely not fat). So the UA shorts keep the friction down and the kilt keeps everything ventilated.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfHiker View Post
    I think it's time I asked the question I have yet to see addressed. I like the look, the comfort, convenience. So when it comes to wearing your kilt, do you always go commando? Is it a breach of kilt ettiquet to wear briefs or boxers? Given the potential of ticks, should you at least consider briefs?
    I think Injinji might make something you'd be interested in...........
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Working on Forestry Grad schol

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    The only downside I've ever found is that it takes slightly more time to hitch hike.
    Or you wish it didn't :/

If you really go ultra light wear a great kilt.That is what you see them wearing in movies like Rob Roy ,and Brave Hart,just to name a few more modern ones.A great kilt is worn around the waist and up over the shoulder and fasten with a kilt pin,used for warmth during those cold Scottish highland nights.Trying this could eliminate the use for sleeping bag,good luck with that.I think if given a choice of great kilt or sleeping bag the present day highlander would take the bag.

Journal Entries
    Images

I love using thin clothes sprayed heavily with permethrin. I don't check for ticks. I make sure that any entrances for ticks are covered with chemicals.
    David Smolinski

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adams View Post
    I switch back and forth between kilts and pants...just depends what mood I'm in but for the most part, kilts are the most comfortable way to hike that I have found. Go commando and you eliminate all chafing problems
    I believe boxer-briefs are best for chaffing as they are a protective layer. I have never chaffed but I have seen a lot of people say that the right underwear is the solution, not the problem, for people who do chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    Ex Officio and Mountain Hardware make great hiking skirts. For some strange reason if they are on men they are called kilts.
    That is like saying "Fruit of the Loom and Jockey make great underwear. For some strange reason if they are on women they are called panties."

All panties are underwear, but not all underwear are panties.

All kilts are skirts, but not all skirts are kilts. Skirts become kilts when they:

1. Are designed for men.
    2. Are knee-length.
    3. Wrap-around.
    4. Have pleats in the back.

I have been thinking about kilts for a while now. Saw German fella in Mass SoBoing to GA. He had a mountain hardware kilt. Saw him again south of bland, Va and he was still wearing it.

Saw another fella at partnership shelter, wearing a homemade tyvek kilt. Said he had about 5000 AT miles on it, and it looked like it lol
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

There's nothin' wrong with a man wanting to wear a skirt, been doin' for 2000 years, but guys...leave the panties home!

I meet a guy wearing a kilt on the trail this year. He told me since he started wearing one, he gets many more hitch hiking rides from older woman. Hummm....
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    There's nothin' wrong with a man wanting to wear a skirt, been doin' for 2000 years, but guys...leave the panties home!
    Why? What's wrong with panties? I wear panties, and I bet I hike just as well as you.

Consider that when you denigrate women's clothing, gentlemen, you are, by association, denigrating women. Words have meaning, even when we're joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by la.lindsey View Post
    Why? What's wrong with panties? I wear panties, and I bet I hike just as well as you.

Consider that when you denigrate women's clothing, gentlemen, you are, by association, denigrating women. Words have meaning, even when we're joking.

that was your take away huh, denegration...farewell and adieu.

Quote Originally Posted by la.lindsey View Post

Not sure if youve ever noticed or not, but panties dont fit men as well as women. Not enough room for our dangly bits. Good advice from rocketsocks.

I have one and use it, but I look ridiculous!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++