Well I spent the last two days getting down and dirty with earning my Wilderness First Aid certification. And after that, I decided to forget being the total gram weanie when it comes to the first aid kit. I will blog about it later, but now I am adding the following to my first aid kit that I didn't have before - and really, it doesn't add that much more weight at all -

The guy gave us each a small plastic syringe to irrigate a wound - weight prob less than an ounce. After seeing hikers with infections that went systemic from cuts, it makes sense to use this to irrigate wounds
Various gauze pads to clean wounds with, bandaids of course
Pieces of moleskin, not just duct tape
safety pin
I carry a small ace wrap
small film canister of hibiclens - soap of choice (can get at a drug store) for cleaning wound; they are not big on antibiotic cream which was new for me. Says it attracts dirt, but I carry a small tube anyway
Carry a watch (I do anyway. Good for checking heart rates and for noting time of injuries, etc for rescue and others)
two triangular bandages - good for lots of first aid, weight negligible
a small tick removal device
Other Medicines - have in the kit -
some salt - for sun issues and rehydrate - look for the restaurant packs
some sugary jello (maybe have in food bag, just be sure you hang it) - good to rehydrate, hypothermia and diabetic issue, liquidfied
some aspirin - 325 mg, for heart issues
benadryl for allergy reaction (it can happen to anyone at any time) - and consider getting a prescrip for epipen from dr
Tylenol (sometimes Vit I but Tylenol is the drug of choice)
some small ziplocs to put on water and / or ice packs for injuries
some doxycycline for tick bites