WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    If the weight on that thing is correct, I wouldn't depend on any of the tools being of much use...get a good knife.
    So a small knife isn't a good enough to cut cheese? It's plenty good enough for hiking. I'm not a Rambo want-to-be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Leatherman Wave (heavy) in my pack, crkt m16 (light) on my person. Inconsequential weight considering the advantages in my opinion.

Images

Most multi tools have useless tools. You're not going to need a corkscrew, descaler or screw bits. It'd be awesome if a multi tool could be disassembled and have unneeded tools replaced with spacer rings, or better yet, custom made. I also wish the scales/endcaps were only thick enough for functionality instead of for looks, and definitely didn't have decorative overlay caps.

wrong forum then there's bushcraft.com for that militia bunker crap haha

Quote Originally Posted by RCBear View Post
    Leatherman Wave (heavy) in my pack, crkt m16 (light) on my person. Inconsequential weight considering the advantages in my opinion.
    What tools do you anticipate needing?

You can get blade, pliers and scissors from the Leatherman Squirt, too, which comes in at a cool 2oz. I can't imagine needing anything else for normal backpacking use.

Give me a use while backpacking for every piece of that thing. 8.5oz
    51CCPPfo6HS._AA1000_.jpg

vs 1.1oz for the knife i pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosaphone View Post
    What tools do you anticipate needing?

You can get blade, pliers and scissors from the Leatherman Squirt, too, which comes in at a cool 2oz. I can't imagine needing anything else for normal backpacking use.
    The leather am keychain model (similar to the Swiss classic) has only a blade and scissors, both of which I use daily at every meal. It has only one useless feature, the nail file.

I wish one of these companies would offer a build your own knife where you could select your own attachments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I wish one of these companies would offer a build your own knife where you could select your own attachments.
    This exists, kind of. I believe all the SOG multitools can be customized: http://sogknives.com/store/tools.html

If you scroll down, you can buy "multitool components." However, most of these seem to only be compatible with the larger tools which weigh 5oz+. I think you could buy the CrossCut (which weighs 1.7oz stock), and remove everything but the blade and possibly the tweezers, and end up with something around an ounce that has much better scissors.

Images

At that weight, go for it. I have to say that I carried a bigger leatherman for many miles and never opened it though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++