WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

mine is a plastic south park chef toy. why? because it just looks funny. the last comment i made was for the ak-47 comment. i don't blog much so i don't know how to use it or comment on the right post.

Images

Mini beanie tube pillow. Only weighs about 2 ounces but it does take up a lot of space in my pack.

2012 NOBO AT Hiker In Planning Hairball's Avatar

An orange and white beanie baby cat that looks like my real cat. I'm sure gonna miss him.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

2012 NOBO AT Hiker In Planning Hairball's Avatar

He will be beanered on my pack. The beanie cat, not the live one. LOL.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

Mine was a orange poop hole digger(bought at Dick's), but not now after reading earlier posts. I bet I will learn other stupid items in my backpack that are a no-no with the hard core regular's. Hope to be an expert after 2 weeks. April 8th-23rd.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    a set of leki poles
    Mine are cheapo's, so will toss them in a hiker box if they don't work out.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    a set of leki poles
    How are you posting? Thought you were at Watauga Lake hiking with Second Stage.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    A 200 pound aged hiker wanna be with bad knees. Hope to lose him somewhere on the trail.
    You will. Good on ya'!

Whey Protien powder. I love the stuff and it's part of my daily routine. I'll bounce some I guess, not sure I'd want to carry the 2 lb container from mountain top to mountain top.
    Live your life and I'll live mine, perhaps one day they will intertwine. SEMPER FI! 2013 SOBO

Quote Originally Posted by astraikis View Post
    On another thread the idea of a stupid item came up. It is something you really do not need but bring anyway.

My stupid item is a little stuffed monkey my daughter sneaks into my pack before I leave. Weighs maybe an ounce but he always goes with me.
    Not so stupid.One day your gonna find that she has not put the monkey in the pack,but instead has substituted herself...not so stupid.My item that I could do without(though it would be hard) would have to be books and maps though for me these items are one and the same...in that to me a map reads like a book,love em.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

My stupid item has always been food and water, I carry WAY too much of both.

Several years back when I did my first week long hike I carried 4-5 liters of water and 17lbs of food. I carry about half that now, but it's still way more than is actually necessary on the parts of the A.T. that I hike.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

I have a Geocaching travel bug on my pack. It's like a patch. Weighs nothing. My daughter wants me to carry an "angry bird" but it's the size of a volleyball. Maybe I need a small one.
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

We are hiking with our two guldens…no, that’s not the stupid items. We discovered a month ago that one is allergic to just about everything you find in normal dog food. So…in addition to the extra prep to ensure we have pet friendly hotels, etc, we have found ourselves with 350 pounds of specialty dog food that we are scooping into “4 days’ worth of meals” zip lock bags to mail along the trail. Thank goodness for the bounce boxes and the new flat rate postal boxes.
    Zip

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dink View Post
    my beanie baby dragon bungied to my pack shoulder strap making him look like he is sitting on my shoulder!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    I want a beanie baby dragon bungied to my pack should strap making him look like he is sitting on my shoulder!!!!!

You slay me.....

Oh my stupid item? - fake Bear poop.
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 02-28-2012 at 21:16.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    You slay me.....

Oh my stupid item? - fake Bear poop.
    I eat snow man poop,and put it in my coco

Quote Originally Posted by RWheeler:1254810
    I always took the "stupid item" as something that legit has no function other than a personal attachment to it. Not just something that you'd use, but is heavier than other items, or a luxury item like fuzzy slippers.

And with that, I think I just thought of mine. A little less obnoxious than wind chimes for the shelter: a triangle that I can ring when it's dinner time.

Mwahahaha.
    I gotta vote for this stupid item. Can't you just say ding, ding, ding!

I knew a guy that carried a shovel head to give to his friend who would routinely loose his spoon. Saying "he won't be able to lose this spoon"

Journal Entries
    Images

A turkey injector has great aesthetic value. http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/ima...g-injector.jpg
    I like how large needles look. Also, you could use one of these to fill an alcohol stove with fuel.
    David Smolinski

Journal Entries
    Images

Lemon Wipes.. what else

I have two...

1. A small, 2 " white squirrel with beady black eyes . His name is "Cheese". He's my hiking buddy and will travel with me every section of the AT until I get to Katahdin.

2. A small rock I picked up at Springer. I thought I'd be slick like all the other hikers and leave it at Katahdin when I finish my 20+ years of planned section hikes, but there are two problems... what's the chances I'll finish at Katahdin (lots of things can happen like flip-flopping, etc.) and second of all, if I DO finish on Katahdin, I won't want to part with it. It will have been with me for sooo long, I'll want to keep it as a memento ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++