WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by lemon b View Post
    Lemon Wipes.. what else
    Seriously? Just do what everybody else does and use your bandana to clean your lemons!
    Buy the ticket, you take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

wiffle ball and bat
    Doug
    happy trails

4oz tazer to make Hubby happy
    -Believe

Quote Originally Posted by Derek81pci View Post
    Whey Protien powder. I love the stuff and it's part of my daily routine. I'll bounce some I guess, not sure I'd want to carry the 2 lb container from mountain top to mountain top.
    I second the whey protein powder. Good for right after you wake up. However, my stupid item will probably be a light up Harry Potter wand on my 2013 thru hike. Just can't get enough Potter! Atleast it has some use though. Just won't be very hands free.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by theflash1327 View Post
    I second the whey protein powder. Good for right after you wake up. However, my stupid item will probably be a light up Harry Potter wand on my 2013 thru hike. Just can't get enough Potter! Atleast it has some use though. Just won't be very hands free.
    Brilliant... Just the thought of bumping into a night hiker following the light of the wand in their outstretched hand.... That just made my day!

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Journal Entries
    Images

I like the Harry Potter light up wand idea. It's nice to sacrifice a small amount of weight for a large amount of style.

I've decided that I will bring one stupid item on my next long distance walk, and keep everything else light weight. The Lord of the Rings movies are my favorite hiking movies. A replica of the "one ring" would be nice.
    David Smolinski

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagehead View Post
    I've decided that I will bring one stupid item on my next long distance walk, and keep everything else light weight. The Lord of the Rings movies are my favorite hiking movies. A replica of the "one ring" would be nice.
    Back in college my girlfriend bought a $5.00 LOTR bookmark that had a tassel with a replica of the "one ring" tied to the end of it. The ring ended up being about her size so she threw the bookmark out and wore the ring around for a couple of years, it was a great conversation starter.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

I used to carry two ten minute road flares... Always thought if the need arose, they would be a good emergency signalling device... I also thought of them as emergency fire starters during wet weather... I used one once while backpacking in high school... Carried a couple for years after that... Just dropped them the past few years...

I also take a four inch tall plastic Yoda I got from Burger King years ago... He goes everywhere we go on vacation... He's had his picture taken in Oregon, New England, and all over the UK... Sort of our roaming gnome...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++