WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Plus Kookork. He is interesting even when he was mad at me for something I wrote.

Images

I don't think just because someone has a lot of posts makes them influential. Its quality of quanitity in my book.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Matty

I still have this urge to kill the Queen........
    Whoa... I was going to say (for me), Sgt. Rock, Matty, and Zelph mainly because of their practical help. Picking through Matty's musings to reach real gems sometimes took a little work but now he and Sgt. Rock are gone? What happenend?
    "Keep moving: death is very, very still."
    ---Lily Wagner (nee Hennessy)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    Plus Kookork. He is interesting even when he was mad at me for something I wrote.
    Thanks sir, I really appreciate it.
    I am in the process of quitting being mad at anybody . Your case was trivial since I can't even remember it and it is weird/odd/very rare that I get mad at anybody and do not remember the cause. Maybe I am really getting better after all.

Writing in this website has been a great practice for me to be more respectful and open to other people's ideas.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    I don't think just because someone has a lot of posts makes them influential. Its quality of quanitity in my book.
    You are totally right about the quality. We can have a list of top quantity posters in another thread but might not have many common names with the list of most influential ones.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kookork View Post
    You are totally right about the quality. We can have a list of top quantity posters in another thread but might not have many common names with the list of most influential ones.

Some people post and post and post. And yet they don't post anything helpful. All they do is do their best to crap all over peoples ideas and dreams. I have no respect for that.

Mags (great handbook for the Colorado Trail) and Tipi Walter are always good posts to read and follow.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Quote Originally Posted by UHFox View Post
    Everyone seems to respect LW's opinion, even if they disagree with it.
    I used to disagree with LW often, then I realized I was wrong........
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Say what you will, he's one of the only members who's WB antics are known of by people who don't use the site.
    The category is INFLUENTIAL not how well known someone is. Get back to me when carrying a full roll of toilet paper PER DAY -- out for a week then that 7 rolls -- becomes commonplace.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    The category is INFLUENTIAL not how well known someone is. Get back to me when carrying a full roll of toilet paper PER DAY -- out for a week then that 7 rolls -- becomes commonplace.
    I thought seven rolls a week was the norm?
    Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 02-19-2012 at 08:27.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Default Jack Tarlin & Terrapin

A little off point, but when I first joined Jack Tarlin and Terrapin used to go at it endlessly.
    I was addicted to their battles

To answer the OP: I've gotten good advice from so many members. To name a few: Jack Tarlin, Lone Wolf, Summit, Tipi Walter, 10K, Sgt Rock, Fiddlehead, Crumb Snatcher, Connie (ultralightbackpackingonline.info).....
    Last edited by brotheral; 02-19-2012 at 08:51.
    He leads me beside still waters !!
    Happy Trails..... BrotherAL

I forgot to mention Weasel! He also published a legal guide to the AT, which I still have, very infomative on so many issues on the AT.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Garlic's posts on WB have helped me out a huge amount as I moved to lighter gear. His 2008 journal on Trailjournals has also been of great help....for gear and also for his approach to long distance hiking.

Images

Mags, Cookerhiker, Blissful, sarnie, 10K, Hikerboy, ChinMusic, ChacoTaco, Sierra Echo, Snow Leopard. um ... um ... There are others. Lone Wolf and SGT Rock, too. 4eyedbuzzard and numerous others who live among the Whites and know them intimately. Papa D is smart as a whip and has a wealth of knowledge on both the A and LT's. ...
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

I can't resist to add my list here .they may not be the most influential of all time butthey are for me:

Wise Old Owl: he grew on me .He is moody from time to time like me but if I need a piece of advice ,he is the greatest and without him I feel something is missing in WB.

Tinker: His gear knowledge amazes me and if I am honest we have a common thing that so many times I am about to write a comment and then I find out he has written it already.

Tipi Walter's comments are usually as heavy as his backpack and what can I say, I like to read them.

Papa D: He is always there to give you a clean cut piece of knowledge and he is very kind.

John gault: I have a love hate relationship with his comments but mostly love than hate but even if I hate them I respect them.

Rain Man: I can't resist to say that his face gives me a sense of trust. he might not be the most experienced poster/hiker around but he is always to the point and very polite and I respect that.

I like Feral bill's : Again his knowledge might not be the deepest but is vast and honest.

Crumb Snatcher is mounting the ladder of respect in my mind like no other.

SGT Rock is the one that I miss his knowledge even without knowing him close. I have followed his comments and enjoyed them a lot.

Among Moderators : Marta has a special place for me. Other moderators? They don't like me often and they might have every right to be so.

Lone Wolf: Oh my god. he is the one that I hate and love at the same time. he is not here to add to his friend list.,as a matter of fact I think he does not care to be hated or to be loved. He is here because he loves AT and hiking it. If I want to use one and only one word to describe him it might be "candour".

10k,garlic and hikerboy are in my list and I am happy that they have been mentioned in other members post also.

Images

First would be Lone Wolf, simply because he's got a good BS meter.

Other folks whose posts I enjoy reading are Mags, Tipi Walter, John Gault, Crumbsnatcher, Wise Old Owl and a few others along the way too.
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 02-19-2012 at 16:22.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

What happened to that crazy sob Mathewski. In between his ramblings, he usually has some pretty darn good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe64 View Post
    First would be Loan Wolf....
    Is that his dead-beat twin?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Is that his dead-beat twin?
    Yeah thats what I get for typing too fast and not proof reading... Boy its a wonderful thing to be able to go back and edit your posts.
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 02-19-2012 at 16:25.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe64 View Post
    Yeah thats what I get for typing too fast and not proof reading... Boy its a wonderful thing to be able to go back and edit your posts.
    It's all good.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++