WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How is my Load?

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    has wheels too:

Picture of you standing next to this grill, next to the Mt. Katahdin sign- Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    Much better to cut down a fresh pine tree. It gives a nice smoky flavor. Charcoal is utterly ridiculous.
    Wow, maybe I'm just not in your league in planning.

Well then it would be good to take a small chainsaw. I like Stihl and good chain oil.

Do they have a smaller model or at least bigger wheels. I think this is the winter hours approved model for Baxter State Park which would fit my timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57:1256504
    has wheels too:

Images

dont need smaller. this is the one case where sherpas are acceptable as support.

How is this funny? I come to whiteblaze asking for advise and get compared Doonesberry. Dilbert I take as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by RORY CALHOUN:1256600
    this is the funniest post i have ever read, certainly better than Dilbert...and for goodness sake, Doonesberry was always to high falutin for me...think i will cut and paste this and submit it to Salon.com or the 400 million dollar blog Rupert Murdock bought from Arianna Huffington that keeps popping up in my email, the social media is so desperate to know what toothpaste we prefer...i will be so glad to get on the AT so Facebook and Twitter will quit pestering...

Images

How is this funny? I come to whiteblaze asking for advise and get compared Doonesberry. Dilbert I take as a compliment.
    i dont think he realizes how seriously we take our humor

Do the shelters have an LP hookup? I bet at least the Fontana Hilton does! I will have to bring a Natural gas regulator also just in case the NJ / NY parts are on Natural gas.

Now I need to add a Leatherman "Joe the Plumber" model for the wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57:1256637
    dont need smaller. this is the one case where sherpas are acceptable as support.

Images

Do the shelters have an LP hookup? I bet at least the Fontana Hilton does! I will have to bring a Natural gas regulator also just in case the NJ / NY parts are on Natural gas.

no lp hookup.but with fracking in NY?NJ?PA, availability is soon to open up everywhere.the other option is carrying a really, really long hose.
    (re:sherpas)

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57:1256650

no lp hookup.but with fracking in NY?NJ?PA, availability is soon to open up everywhere.the other option is carrying a really, really long hose.
    (re:sherpas)
    I hope we can frack (Is that a word?) under each shelter so I can hookup. I going to send this to BP. I may get a finders fee for each one. Most shelters have priveys next to them so that will save them about 10 feet of drilling.

I tried getting a Sherpa but H1B visas are really tough to get. The form is really hard to read.

Images

I hope we can frack (Is that a word?) under each shelter so I can hookup. I going to send this to BP. I may get a finders fee for each one. Most shelters have priveys next to them so that will save them about 10 feet of drilling.

I tried getting a Sherpa but H1B visas are really tough to get. The form is really hard to read.
    to read the form, you need 3d glasses.

Images

I just think you had better plan on being the first hiker of the season. With this well-thought out plan and list, every other hiker will steal your ideas and just *rip* the maps out of the phone books, if not just steal the entire book for tinder, TP or prank calls from the shelters at night. I doubt they will share willingly if/when you catch up to them.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

You should not need any cutlery at all besides the rambo knife.
    I myself prefer hiking with an intravenous drip.

I would also suggest a Bactrian bag over the Dromedary bag. Smells a little worse but you get use to it.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch and may your arms be to short to scratch!

Quote Originally Posted by JAK:1256874
    I would also suggest a Bactrian bag over the Dromedary bag. Smells a little worse but you get use to it.

You could find a tattoo apprentice and have him tattoo all the maps on you.
    Buy the ticket, you take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

Images

I think you forgot the desktop with the all in one printer, scanner, copier, fax for all of your business and personal needs while on the trail. That would be a must for the technology section.

What is a fax? Is that something old folks would know about?

Quote Originally Posted by Watson:1257149
    I think you forgot the desktop with the all in one printer, scanner, copier, fax for all of your business and personal needs while on the trail. That would be a must for the technology section.

if you want actual advise pm me and I will give you some... but I will say you want to do 25 miles a day with 65 lbs??? That is crazy!!! why do you need a pellet gun? what happens if the wood all around you is wet from rain, are you going to cook on a smoldering "fire"? where are you going for this trip. My pack load is about 20 lbs for a week long trip. I seriously think you need to reassess what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice:1257043
    You could find a tattoo apprentice and have him tattoo all the maps on you.
    Can't I just use the Rambo knife and ink from rubbing phone book pages into the cuts? The yellow pages have many colors to choose from. The best section is usually the Chinese menu section. Lots of reds and blues.

Images

What is a fax? Is that something old folks would know about?
    its kind of an ultra- modern teletype.ask someone who remembers the term "rotary dial"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++