I just recently bought the PCT Data Book and I have been skimming over it and reading through these forums but I still have some questions Im missing...

Most important, what is a good baseline cost for a thru to ensure I make it the whole way? nothing fancy just cut to the chase hiking.

My current pack that I use for AT section hiking is a 3051 cu in., the Osprey Atmos 50 that I can fit all my ultralight gear in with plenty of room for food and water and a ton of extra space. Will I need to upgrade to a larger pack to accomidate the longer resupply times and the extra water?
My current gear list is as follows: Neoair, sea to summit 20 degree down bag, eno pro fly, GT nano 7 for backup and hangin, GT silk liner, snowpeak titanium pot and spork and a pepsi stove. Thats it! anything I left out as well?

I live in GA and would prefer to not fly for my drop off. What is the closest amtrak/bus station to the trail head and likewise for the northern terminus.

I heard that I will need health insurance to aquire a thru permit, is this true? I am young and have never had a desire for insurance or docters. If so is there any way around paying it, It might be cheaper for me to buy seperate permits then to get an insurance plan in the long run.