WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Teaching a dog new tricks (Nothing about the AT)

I got this idea two weeks ago, while studying exclusion to remove pigeons from buildings - that Rugby would make a few bucks by causing a flight response to Canada Geese on Golf Courses & Cemeteries. Well he chases stuff while sleeping next to me... you can tell he's dreaming when he mumbles woof in his sleep and all four paws are doing the "dance"... I have started to talk to supers on a few courses and discovered a possible opportunity...and solution.

Keep in mind I am in Pest Control.... and I am a animal lover. - Tree hugger... No ducks will be harmed - just taught to move on....

So I took Rugby out today to a local farm, he sucked at first - then skirted the pond and most took off.... just the sight of him... He doesn't bark. He just runs towards them... so it wasn't all bad... two landed on the pond... He circled and they went over to the far side... He ran around and they took off too.

So now I am timing how long till they come back.

He had a good time - he's passed out next to me and I can't praise him enough....
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Cool,I have on occasion worked at some of the large properties (pharmaceutical plants)around my area doing inside pipe work.On one particular day we sat outside to eat lunch and observed a fella w/dog getting the geese to move on.This went on for a couple of days and then we finally approached him and asked what and how this all worked.What we didn't know (and see)was that he was using a R/C motor boat.He would send the dog half way around the pond and steer the boat towards the geese at 180 degrees to the boat,and told us the idea was that the geese can't keep an eye on both at the same time so they "get up".To funny,and the thing was,he said he would be back to do the same thing tomorrow and now he was traveling to another near by place to do the same thing there......what a racket, Awesome The company was called "The Geese Police".

Journal Entries
    Images

Well there you go again "REAGAN" ... I was looking at an RC Bald Eagle.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

is that a plane or boat?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    is that a plane or boat?
    or a float plane

Journal Entries
    Images

This was a plane I am looking at...very cool cant find the url now.

Woo

++ New Posts ++