Default Rodman Reservoir to Lake Delancy

I want to take a drive up there next week and backpack a few days before I hit the AT in April. I figured I could start at Rodman Reservoir and go towards Lake Delancy.

Has anyone done this hike? Is it actual trails or just the side of the road? I know it says leaving the car at the reservoir is free but is it a safe area? I'm not paranoid or anything, but I just want to cover my bases before I go up. I'm thinking of getting there Monday-Wed.

How is the hike? I've heard it's a nice section.

Quote Originally Posted by MJW155 View Post
    I want to take a drive up there next week and backpack a few days before I hit the AT in April. I figured I could start at Rodman Reservoir and go towards Lake Delancy.

Has anyone done this hike? Is it actual trails or just the side of the road? I know it says leaving the car at the reservoir is free but is it a safe area? I'm not paranoid or anything, but I just want to cover my bases before I go up. I'm thinking of getting there Monday-Wed.

How is the hike? I've heard it's a nice section.
    I've walked bits of it years ago. My buddies and I have been camping at Delancey for 40 years. It was a great place but havent been there in a while

How is it? Can I leave a car there w/o worry? Is it good hiking, etc?

I suppose it's ok hiking but I wouldnt consider it a hiking destination per sey. I think the florida trail runs thru there somewhere. Lake delancey is pretty rurual in terms of camping spots. There used to be a fish camp there years ago that may still be there but not sure. I wouldnt leave my car there for any amount mof time without it being on someones property (where someone lives). Im not sure about the damn but it may be your best bet. It's been at least 10 years since I was there last.

Florida Trail, Rodman to Lake Delancy

http://www.floridahikes.com/ftrodman/
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Journal Entries

There is a charge to park at the Rodman Campground, but it is fenced in and very secure.. I had my car there for a week at Christmas time when we hiked from Seminole State forrest to there... I think it was $3 or day or something like that... It was worth the peace of mind...

++ New Posts ++