Default Hiking between Clearwater Lake and Juniper Springs in ONF - FT

Hello, looking for some first hand experience regarding camping spots between Clearwater Lake and Juniper Springs in a few weeks.

I'll be backpacking with a small group starting at Clearwater Lake Recreation Area on the Florida Trail. We are planning on primitive camping two nights along the way at Alexander Springs and Farles Lake campground and then getting off the trail at Juniper Springs.

Will there be any problem camping off the trail in each location? We don't need "facilities" other than a place to filter water along the trail and hopefully there will be some near each campsite.

Alexander Springs is a full service campground, you will have to pay to tent camp there.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I think Farles Prairie is only open for camping during hunting season and is day use only the rest of the year. Although you could tent near if not too close.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

There is a great creek crossing with a bridge almost exactly half way between Clearwater and Alexander Springs. There is plenty of camping around too. I saw a humongous rattler here so keep your eyes peeled. I guess the water attracts rodents and rodents attract snakes. This is in a scrub area, not a swamp so the camping is pretty good.

I think the OP is asking about primitive camping near Farles Prairie and Alexander Springs. If that is the case then he should be able to camp but the group may have to separate to find open area's for tents. I camp in that area all the time but my footprint is very small. I don't keep up with all the camping rules as I camp at dark and am gone at daybreak and nobody ever bothers me.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

++ New Posts ++