WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Some changes in Hot Springs

Was in hot springs yesterday and rock bottom is closed. There is a brewery going in where the Paddlers pub was. New building is up. Looks like a new pub is going in also where Rock Bottom was. There is a grill at thecampground store. The new stuff is scheduled toopen St Pattys weekend

Images

I went thru there last year on a section hike and they were still working on the "old Paddlers" facilities.

Its up and is huge. They were moving stuff in and finishing up the cosmetic stuff on the inside

Images

What is going on with Rock Bottom?
    I miss hanging out on the deck by the creek.

Closed went bankrupt. They areopening a new bar and pub

Images

Hopefully they don’t charge $15 for a pitcher of bud light too. Beer was good but Rock bottom was expensive

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mcrainbow View Post
    What is going on with Rock Bottom?
    The owners were husband and wife, but got divorced. She got the pub and didn't have the business sense to run it right. Food and service got progressively worse and they just plain went belly up.

The "new" pub had a fresh coat of paint on the exterior of the building and they were working on the interior the other weekend when Dancer and I were there. Will definitely give it a try next time I'm in town, along with the other place that's in the old Paddler's Pub location.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

They fought bankruptcy multiple times. Great spot but yes, overpriced. Thebrewery looks great. Huge patios to hang out. Will be nice. Its always been our fav trail town and like a second home.

Default Some changes in Hot Springs

I think I'll run over there today and check out the old paddlers pub. I was there last week and disappointed to see it wasn't up and rinning

Will be sectioning the Hot Springs area in a couple of weeks, have to check it out.

"Spring Creek Tavern" opened this weekend. One hundred kinds of beer, pub food, fun on the open air deck. Great music offerings! Next weekend--the new hostel at the former Jesuit center will open for hikers. Our fine hiker friends, "Chuck Norris and Tigger," will be the hosts!
    Sunny aka Sunrise ga-me 02 aka Cody Zamora
    Have a bright and
    Sunny Day!

Not to be a stickler but there is no "old" paddlers pub. That building got destroyed. You do know why it shut down right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Not to be a stickler but there is no "old" paddlers pub. That building got destroyed. You do know why it shut down right?
    owner died in a DWI accident?

Why does it matter where or how the owner died? The place is gone for any number of reasons, let's leave it at that.

++ New Posts ++