WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by on_the_GOEZ View Post
    +1 for ULA CDT. Mine lasted the whole way.. NTM the best customer service I've ever had..

I have no experience with cuban fiber packs but some others I hiked with said theirs had ripped and was patched with Duct tape. I couldn't imagine buying a pack for one thru hike if that's all it will last just to save a few ounces..
    If you get the cuben/nylon hybrid material that shouldn't be an issue. Bought a medium "Zero" pack with options it weighs 7.2oz! Badass pack!!
    Buy the ticket, you take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    i always appreciate your vids stick. 2 questions:

1. rain pants and zpacks cloudkilt. reason for the redundancy?
    2. towel in your multipack and inside your main pack. again, reason for the redundancy?
    Wags,

These items are redundant...but, I feel like my pack was light enough to carry them...

#1: Before I left, the weather reports were calling for rain every day we were to be out, so I decided to include the rain pants. As well, the temperatures were to be from 30's to 60's (at a lower elevation). So, I figured these 2 options would give me more options depending on actual weather conditions. Also, the kilt is also a floor in front of my tent, a ground sheet if I need to stop for a break, a ground sheet if I stay in a shelter (so I don't have to spread out the tent) and probably a few other things I just haven't realized yet. It is amazing at how just a rectangular sheet of material can be used in so many ways...

#2: The towel in my pack is pretty much a snot rag and the one in my pack was for wiping the tent. I did not want to be rubbing snot on the tent wall, or a dirty rag across my face. Plus, I like the lightload towel because it is softer and can be disposed of, depending on just how much snot I disposed of... Plus, cut in half it is only 1/4 of an oz.
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Journal Entries

I just bagged a Golite Dawn for $25. Extremely durable. Weighs 14 oz. one could carry 25lbs in it. I use close cell foam to frame it and to use as a pad. Very comfortable with my 8 lb base weight for summer hiking
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Images

gotcha. maybe a bandanna for the snot rag so that you don't need to keep throwing things away?
    " It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid." ~Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

I actually use them about 3 or 4 trips before they are just wore out, and that really depends on how rough I am when washing them out. But I hear ya...
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++