WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default I think I should know who are the moderators to the dog forum.... by now..

Feel free to identify please... Its time...

My issue is obvious.... there is a constant plethora of demons posting You need a leash...... It has now reached a point where not one thread cannot be read without people demanding a leash.

Should I block all posts from hikers who do not have dogs?

Suggest you read the sticky from Sgt Rock...

There's little positive impact on this forum... don't like what I have to say? STEP DOWN!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Posters to this forum that do not have dogs should be put on a leash.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks Jak I am just burned out on one of my favorite forums....
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

The General could be the moderator? I like dogs. Don't have one myself. But some people get crazy about dogs in the woods.

Journal Entries
    Images

Too funny -- wait so far no leash fanatics.... look three posts and no posers....

You know I f I took a dump in a shelter someone would want to grab a leash.....

Its simple Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way!
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 03-07-2012 at 23:13.

Woo

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Point well taken, over the past few years I have also seen numerous comments in which people have bragged about their willingness to hit/pepper spray/shoot fellow hikers and their dogs if they deem them unruly or intimidating. I get the feeling this sort of talk would result in members being banned from other forums on the site.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    My issue is obvious.... there is a constant plethora of demons posting You need a leash...... It has now reached a point where not one thread cannot be read without people demanding a leash.

There's little positive impact on this forum... don't like what I have to say? STEP DOWN!
    In fairness, if there were a "Kids on the Appalachian Trail" forum, I'd probably be constantly posting comments demanding the parents leash their children.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks guys - I am willing to take a three day time out for this - I am burned out with the constant rhetoric of leashes... clearly no -mod knows how to do the job effectively... responsibly.... I understand the responsibility and am stepping up because the job is not being done.

Woo

From the user agreement
    15. If a user believes a violation of WhiteBlaze Rules has occurred, they should advise a Moderator or Administrator by a Private Message (“PM”) with a link, if possible, to the post in question. If it is a post you want to refer to them please click on the report post icon in the post in question.
    This can be easily accomplished using the report post icon located beneath the post, it is a triangle with an exclamation point.

Under the Quick Links pulldown at the top there is a selection View Site Leaders, or follow this link. This will indicate who the moderators are for the different forums.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++