WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hiking Molokai, HI

Did a search here for this, but most results were about hiking on other islands. Does anyone have trail info for hiking Molokai specifically?
    Schnikel

Hi Schnikel,

I've hiked around Molokai (as well as all the islands). Molokai was one of my favor island to hike both for its views and the people. Molokai is very laid back run by mostly Ma and Pa shops. The places I would check out is the MAKAKUPAIA TRAIL, you need written reservations to hike it but it is well worth it. As you hike down the trail, you can see the highest sea cliffs in the world. It really is a sight.

At the far end of the island there is a family who gives tours to multiple waterfalls. You have to hike a few miles to the falls but it is well worth it. The family also teaches about the old Hawaiian culture. Things you cannot learn in books or fine out at the tourst locations. It was extremely enjoyable.

The bad news is there are only a few hiking trails on Molokai. Most of my exploring was done walking on roads around the island.

Hope this helps.

Wolf

Thanks for th reply wolf. We might be spending some time on the island with my brother who lives in Maui. Do you have any other suggestions of things to do that may be off the beaten path on Molokai?
    Schnikel

++ New Posts ++