WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Badger Foot Balm as blister prevention?

I've been investigating means of preventing blisters (and have looked into Hydropel, BodyGlide, and good ol' moleskin, to name a few). This morning I got to think about Badger Foot Balm. I found a review on BackpackerGearTest.com in which the field reporter said this:

"Rubbing Badger Foot Balm into the bottom of my feet is a pleasant way to end any day. I have sometimes used other home-grown mixtures of wax and oil on my feet, but the Badger formula smells much better than anything else I have used. It does not burn or tingle my skin. It does seem to help prevent the skin of my feet from becoming waterlogged and blistering. It also works as a lubricant when wearing sandals in preventing blisters. During the entire time that I used the Badger Foot Balm, I did not develop a single blister (a problem I have with shoes) or cracked callus...
    I found that I could apply the balm to my feet even when they were sweaty.
    ... Though I used the Foot Balm for four months, often with daily applications, I only used up about half of the balm. This is an answer to foot protection that is worthy of carrying on long trails, like the AT, when running out of a critical supply can be a real problem."

I like Badger products-- I'm an old-school "all natural" nerd-- so the review made me wonder if their Foot Balm would be a good choice in my trail hygiene.

Have any of you used Badger Foot Balm? If you have, how did it work? Any insight on this?

"We can no longer live as rats. We know too much." -- Nicodemus

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

I've used Badger Foot Balm at the end of long days. It feels good, but I never recognized that it might provide any anti-blister assistance. I don't bring it with me anymore (saves an ounce), but I still haven't gotten any blisters.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

++ New Posts ++