WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Australian Hiker Sighting...

Was on a job yesterday near Calhoun, GA and saw a guy, probably in his late 20s, crossing the street wearing a nice looking pack, very much thru-hiker looking (boots, clothing, and his appearance suggested he was not just a drifter) and most of all, had an Australian flag on top of his pack. I'm not sure where he was heading or what he was doing, and since I was working in a company vehicle (and not driving) I wasn't able to pull over for a chat... I was wondering if anyone knows of this guy -- he was near I-75 and certainly not near any trails I'm aware of. Perhaps he was working on a way to get to Springer Mtn? If I'd seen him again after I was off work I was going to see if he needed a lift anywhere, but didn't spot him a second time. I guess I immediately assumed thru hiker, as we don't get many Australian backpackers on our Interstate system here in GA...

This ringing any bells to anybody???
    "...Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation." -Blind Seer, O Brother, Where Art Thou?

no but it makes me jealous i'm stuck in the office

Australian hiker made it to the smokies...for sure )

Default Australian Hiker Sighting...

Medicine woman! It's short step! If I'm right, you are the medicine woman who helped me in the smokeys when I broke my wrist! (turned out I broke both the ulna and radius = 3 weeks off trail). As for the unidentified Aussie - there has been a ton of us this year, but none I met had a flag.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRoo View Post
    As for the unidentified Aussie - there has been a ton of us this year, but none I met had a flag.
    There'll be at least 2 next year and I'm taking a boxing kangaroo.....
    :-)

Awesome RockyRoo!!!! I am so thankful we decided relocation wasnt a great idea! It looked as though it was more than dislocated. Molly was very helpful in the mission to get ya outta there also )

I broke my foot...got off the trail also. Tell Jon I said he is the greatest and the most supportive hubby thru out the entire night. XOXO to both of ya!!

Journal Entries
    Images

As an Australian bastard here in the US - we will keep the light on for him.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

++ New Posts ++